Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Hue Jackson as Offensive Coordinator?
(01-07-2019, 11:04 AM)fortyyearfan Wrote: Eric B is a booze-hound and he is fat.I do not want another guy like Marvin on the sidelines. Eric likes his booze and that will be a problem.And if he has an issue controlling his weight,he probably cannot control anything else.I want a guy that has been around the nfl coaching for awhile.I super like the Todd dude from the bucs.I think he knows football and has paid his dues.Just sayin. Hope he gets the job.He is being interviewed today. ThumbsUp :andy:

This might be one of the dumbest statements ever.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
I don't want to see Hue Jackson with this team in any capacity. We are in dire need of a clean break from the ML era !

I want to see a new outside HC brought in and him be able to pick his coordinators.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(01-07-2019, 11:21 AM)bengalfan74 Wrote: I don't want to see Hue Jackson with this team in any capacity. We are in dire need of a clean break from the ML era !

I want to see a new outside HC brought in and him be able to pick his coordinators.

This is the way it should be. My fear is that Mike will either hire in house, or saddle the new guy with Marvin’s staff for the sake of continuity. I want Marvin’s guys gone. I want a new culture and that means new leaders on the sideline AND on the field. No stale voices or concepts. Deviate from from Marvin ball. Hit the damn reset button!
Reply/Quote
(01-07-2019, 11:04 AM)fortyyearfan Wrote: Eric B is a booze-hound and he is fat.I do not want another guy like Marvin on the sidelines. Eric likes his booze and that will be a problem.And if he has an issue controlling his weight,he probably cannot control anything else.I want a guy that has been around the nfl coaching for awhile.I super like the Todd dude from the bucs.I think he knows football and has paid his dues.Just sayin. Hope he gets the job.He is being interviewed today. ThumbsUp :andy:

didn't you say in a post on Friday, he was the guy we needed because he wouldn't take shit from no one?
Reply/Quote
Hue is a cancer, whether he is a good OC or not, is completely irrelevant in my view. Wherever he goes, controversy and dysfunction is sure to follow. A new HC doesn't need that.
Reply/Quote
(01-07-2019, 12:31 PM)HuDey Wrote: This is the way it should be. My fear is that Mike will either hire in house, or saddle the new guy with Marvin’s staff for the sake of continuity. I want Marvin’s guys gone. I want a new culture and that means new leaders on the sideline AND on the field. No stale voices or concepts. Deviate from from Marvin ball. Hit the damn reset button!

Yep, clean slate

(01-07-2019, 12:39 PM)sandwedge Wrote: Hue is a cancer, whether he is a good OC or not, is completely irrelevant in my view. Wherever he goes, controversy and dysfunction is sure to follow. A new HC doesn't need that.

Exactly
Reply/Quote
(01-07-2019, 11:21 AM)bengalfan74 Wrote: I don't want to see Hue Jackson with this team in any capacity. We are in dire need of a clean break from the ML era !

Agree 110%   ThumbsUp
[Image: DC42UUb.png]
Reply/Quote
(01-07-2019, 11:12 AM)McC Wrote: This might be one of the dumbest statements ever.

Yeah, I agree.  And on the subject of "fat" coaches, Andy Reid is rather portly as well.  He seems to be managing things pretty good.
[Image: DC42UUb.png]
Reply/Quote
(01-07-2019, 12:39 PM)sandwedge Wrote: Hue is a cancer, whether he is a good OC or not, is completely irrelevant in my view. Wherever he goes, controversy and dysfunction is sure to follow. A new HC doesn't need that.

Bingo.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

Reply/Quote
(01-07-2019, 12:44 AM)Fan_in_Kettering Wrote: What do you think, Bengaldom?  Mike Brown knows Hue Jackson is not head coach material but as an offensive coordinator in Cincinnati, Oakland, and Atlanta, he has had some success.  Would anyone think it plausible that Mike might restore Hue to the position he held here in Cincinnati in 2014 and 2015 when the Bengals went 22-9-1?

Please don't misunderstand.  I do NOT want this to happen.  I'm just trying to get inside Mike Brown's decision-making process.

No to Hue anything,I want new blood everywhere.He needs to go.I want them to clean house with all except simmons and Pollack.All others must go.all failures,all of them.
Reply/Quote
People won't really believe it because of his obviously terrible run with the Browns, but Hue has been an excellent offensive coordinator and he is great at developing talent, or at least getting the most out of his talent. When his duties as a head coach were added into that, however, those skills could not be utilized. The offense was generally great in Cincy when he was here, and he got a good offense going in his 8-8 year in Oakland.

Jackson's history in getting the most out of his players is even better though. In his career he has gotten great performances out of quite a few players
Stephen Davis with the Redskins
The entire Bengals receiving core in the mid 2000s
He got a the only good year out of Michael Jenkins, and helped develop Roddy White with the Falcons
Coached up raw Joe Flacco on a relatively good rookie year
Darren McFadden had the best year of his career under Jackson
Again, the entire offense in his second stint was great

That all said, players talk. Players read the news. They know what he has said about his players and former organization when he left. I would sincerely doubt that players for any team would respect Hue after his time with the Browns as he tried to shuffle blame when he was failing. So no, he should not be with the team any more, not because he is bad at what he would do here, but because players wouldn't respect what he had to say
Reply/Quote
Hue had Cleveland in contention in a whole lot of games in Cleveland, yet found a way to lose all of them. Greg Williams takes over and they do almost win out. Hue has a ceiling, just like Marvin.... he cannot get over that hump.
Reply/Quote
It appears Zimmer might bring in Hue as OC for the vikings. There is an article out there.
Reply/Quote
(01-07-2019, 05:40 PM)Bengalitis Wrote: It appears Zimmer might bring in Hue as OC for the vikings. There is an article out there.

I saw somewhere yesterday that this probably won't happen.

Reply/Quote
(01-07-2019, 12:44 AM)Fan_in_Kettering Wrote: What do you think, Bengaldom?  Mike Brown knows Hue Jackson is not head coach material but as an offensive coordinator in Cincinnati, Oakland, and Atlanta, he has had some success.  Would anyone think it plausible that Mike might restore Hue to the position he held here in Cincinnati in 2014 and 2015 when the Bengals went 22-9-1?

Please don't misunderstand.  I do NOT want this to happen.  I'm just trying to get inside Mike Brown's decision-making process.

I know it's a pipe dream, but I'd like the new head coach to be able to choose his staff himself.  That being said, Hue was a decent OC and I was surprised he was such a bad HC.
Reply/Quote
No. I want this man gone
Reply/Quote
I don't care if Hue is offensive coordinator and Marvin is defensive coordinator just neither 1 as head coach. An average 2nd grader could manage the actual football game better than these 2.
Reply/Quote
No, no, no. Get this poisonous asshole out of here once and for all.

Reply/Quote
If they go with a young defensive mind, then yes. If they hire an offensive coach what would be the point of keeping him. Would guess MB loves Hue and will name him HC and try to coerce an up and coming youngster to take the OC job. The worse move Hue ever made as a coach IMO is taking the Cleveland job. They immediately went into rebuild mode. They got more draft picks and started to build the team in year two. He was 2-5-1 this year. Bad calls by the refs cost him one game and a bad kicker cost him two more. Hue knows this team inside out and would be better than a unknown commodity. My personal favorite is to wipe the slate clean and hire Rex Ryan.
Reply/Quote
I feel like Hue would just be waiting to undercut the HC in order to advance himself, just like his coordinators did to him in Cleveland.
Reply/Quote