Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
John Ross interview a jab at former coaching?
(09-04-2019, 05:55 PM)Nately120 Wrote: Act like you've been there before...wait that only applies to Bengals fans who are over 30.  Hmm...

Yeah, we used to try that "act like you've been there before" thing back when I was in high school. While we were standing around silent and acting all high-and-mighty after a win every other school was having a blast actually enjoying themselves and celebrating their victories. It was stupid then and it's stupid now.

Any Bengals "fan" who tries to celebration-shame me after a playoff win better ready for retaliation lol.

Hell, I was in the stadium when we *almost* won a playoff game in 2015 and you would've thought the stadium had been raptured. It was beautiful (for like 5 minutes)!
Reply/Quote
(09-04-2019, 06:29 PM)NKURyan Wrote: Yeah, we used to try that "act like you've been there before" thing back when I was in high school. While we were standing around silent and acting all high-and-mighty after a win every other school was having a blast actually enjoying themselves and celebrating their victories. It was stupid then and it's stupid now.

Any Bengals "fan" who tries to celebration-shame me after a playoff win better ready for retaliation lol.

The whole act like you've been there before quote is only about celebrating TD's, no matter how wrongly it is often applied.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
(09-04-2019, 06:31 PM)McC Wrote: The whole act like you've been there before quote is only about celebrating TD's, no matter how wrongly it is often applied.

It makes me think of baseball's "unwritten rules". Don't celebrate that game winning home run! The other pitcher might get his feelings hurt and then try to murder you with a 100mph baseball thrown at your head!

If you don't want someone to celebrate, don't give them a reason to. Once they do, let 'em enjoy it and have some fun IMO.
Reply/Quote
(09-04-2019, 06:40 PM)NKURyan Wrote: It makes me think of baseball's "unwritten rules". Don't celebrate that game winning home run! The other pitcher might get his feelings hurt and then try to murder you with a 100mph baseball thrown at your head!

If you don't want someone to celebrate, don't give them a reason to. Once they do, let 'em enjoy it and have some fun IMO.

Yeah.  Baseball's unwritten rules--now that is some goofy shit.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

Reply/Quote
This thread sure has taken a detour... :threadjack:
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(09-05-2019, 09:58 AM)ochocincos Wrote: This thread sure has taken a detour... :threadjack:

Fitting that we give up on a planned route in a John Ross thread.
Reply/Quote
(09-03-2019, 02:31 PM)ochocincos Wrote: John Ross was just interviewed today and the question was asked of what will he bring to this offense (0:47 mark)?
His response was, "Whatever they need me to. There are a lot of things I do well. It's not so much of just 'run down the field' or 'clear this guy out,' there's a lot of things I can do. With the way guys are moved around this offense, I'll be able to showcase a lot of that."
https://www.bengals.com/video/ross-i-just-felt-like-i-got-another-gear

Do you all think this was a jab at the former coaching staff for how he was used the past two years? Or do you think it was just Ross emphasizing that he's not just a deep threat?

Nice interview, I do think it was a little jab cause he can do a lot of different things, he is not just a track guy. Never has been
John Ross III is a football player and he just needs to get out there and play football and as he says, have fun. Once he is not 
thinking so much he should become that player we thought he would be Ocho. Sounds like his head is on right right now and he
should be playing Sunday which might open up some plays for others or he might do it himself.

Should be nice having Eifert out there with him who when healthy is that fast, playmaking TE that Ross has never had on the 
field with him. Just hoping these guys stay healthy for once. That is the only way we can tell. Ross wasn't used right last season
and still scored 7 TD's. I expect much better this year if he can stay healthy cause I think Taylor will know how to use him and 
Taylor is a fun HC to play for. Should help Ross a lot with a coach with this demeanor.
Reply/Quote
Ross just needs to go out there and have fun.
Reply/Quote
(09-05-2019, 06:52 PM)Nately120 Wrote: Ross just needs to go out there and have fun.

Yes he does so he is not thinking about not making mistakes all the time.

His talent alone will make a difference for this Offense if he just plays the way he can.

Boyd has said this and it is the truth.
Reply/Quote
(09-03-2019, 09:28 PM)McC Wrote: Did he get injured? 

Is it the job of an OC to put a plan together that doesn't have such a high level of risk?  Or, at least, maybe have a backup plan?

So are the Lakers supposed to have a backup plan for LeBron when he gets injured. I don't know what to tell you but it's really hard to replace great one tier players which Eifert is. Also his backup also got hurt in Tyler Kroft who had 7 TDs the year before.
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
(09-03-2019, 09:46 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: Eifert was more of a decoy last year than someone who actually got the ball. For whatever reason, defenses paid attention to him.

What the hell are you talking about  he was having a good season before he got hurt.
J24

Reply/Quote
(09-05-2019, 08:18 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Yes he does so he is not thinking about not making mistakes all the time.

His talent alone will make a difference for this Offense if he just plays the way he can.

Boyd has said this and it is the truth.

Hopefully ZT is smart enough to just get out of Ross' way and let him do his thing.  He's got him in the starting lineup without having a pre season snap to his credit, so that's a start. 
Reply/Quote
(09-05-2019, 09:04 PM)Jakeypoo Wrote: So are the Lakers supposed to have a backup plan for LeBron when he gets injured. I don't know what to tell you but it's really hard to replace great one tier players which Eifert is. Also his backup also got hurt in Tyler Kroft who had 7 TDs the year before.

Right.  So maybe building the offense around TE's might not have been the way to go. 

Bottom line, Lazor was just too many times caught without answers.

I realize how depleted he was.  So maybe he gets a pass on last year.  What he doesn't get is another shot here this year.

Reply/Quote
(09-05-2019, 11:17 PM)McC Wrote: Right.  So maybe building the offense around TE's might not have been the way to go. 

Bottom line, Lazor was just too many times caught without answers.

I realize how depleted he was.  So maybe he gets a pass on last year.  What he doesn't get is another shot here this year.

I think Lazor gets a bit of a pass from some because he was tons better than Zampese was. He was still a pretty bad coordinator though and seemed to have no clue how to actually adjust in the face of any adversity.
Reply/Quote
(09-05-2019, 06:52 PM)Nately120 Wrote: Ross just needs to go out there and have fun.

And he needs to do some good things.

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(09-05-2019, 11:23 PM)NKURyan Wrote: I think Lazor gets a bit of a pass from some because he was tons better than Zampese was. He was still a pretty bad coordinator though and seemed to have no clue how to actually adjust in the face of any adversity.

Right

Zampese was so bad nearly anybody would have been better. What I mean is I don't think Lazor was awful. But he wasn't moving the needle at all with adjustments or innovation. 

I will always like him for helping get rid of the piano man.
Reply/Quote
(09-06-2019, 12:48 AM)rfaulk34 Wrote: And he needs to do some good things.

giggle giggle  Clapping Clapping
Reply/Quote
(09-05-2019, 09:07 PM)Jakeypoo Wrote: What the hell are you talking about  he was having a good season before he got hurt.

He hasn’t been good since 2015. The year that gets brought up once or twice here.
Reply/Quote
(09-06-2019, 01:03 AM)Socal Bengals fan Wrote: He hasn’t been good since 2015.  The year that gets brought up once or twice here.

Okay what are you talking about? Eifert had 5 TDs to 394 yards in 2016 in 8 games(really 7 because he only played a handful of games). If he played a whole 16 game season that  = 788 yards and 10 TDs. 
In 17 he went to IR with a back injury with only playing two games. 
Last season he played 4 games he had 179 yards, caught 14 out of 19 passes(78.9%),  and 1 TD.  Full 16 games paced 704 yards and 4 TDs.
He hasn't been bad he's been hurt.
J24

Reply/Quote
(09-06-2019, 02:02 AM)Jakeypoo Wrote: Okay what are you talking about? Eifert had 5 TDs to 394 yards in 2016 in 8 games(really 7 because he only played a handful of games). If he played a whole 16 game season that  = 788 yards and 10 TDs. 
In 17 he went to IR with a back injury with only playing two games. 
Last season he played 4 games he had 179 yards, caught 14 out of 19 passes(78.9%),  and 1 TD.  Full 16 games paced 704 yards and 4 TDs.
He hasn't been bad he's been hurt.

6 tds in 3 years what was I thinking , he’s been amazing HOF here we come. Come on man , you can’t be serious.
Reply/Quote