Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Preston Brown getting cut
The Browns cut Malik Jesfferson today, maybe we could get him back Ninja
Reply/Quote
Bengals have been misusing Pratt at MLB. He is a natural OLB and should be playing the 'over' lb where he is a LB/NB tweener. Brown and Vigil were supposed to be the run-stuffers but they failed to do that Sunday with most of the long runs occuring because they hesitated too long on option plays. Brown wouldn't have been cut if not for his contract - having one of those guys on the team can fill a role but he was not getting his job done. We could have had the pick of the litter of any of the 5th round LB this year but we did not. Cashman and Wilson are not hindsight 20/20 - their value was in the 4th, many here had been talking about those two specifically before the draft. Tevon Coney is still a FA - he is worth a shot.
Reply/Quote
Preston Brown ? Did he play for the Bengals???
Reply/Quote
(11-12-2019, 09:04 PM)Catmandude123 Wrote: Preston Brown ? Did he play for the Bengals???

Define 'play'...
Reply/Quote
(11-12-2019, 01:32 PM)Luvnit2 Wrote: Looking ahead, Dalton will give us 17+ million in cap space. I am not sure we keep AJ so money we had earmarked for AJ becomes available. I have a hunch many others also under contract in 2020 and beyond will be cut after the season. A winless team creates the new to blow it up and admit you need a rebuild.

Dehner mentioned some other players the team could cut or trade and get their contracts off the book. Dre K would open up $8 million, Dunlap would be around $6 million, and Cordy would be $9 million. Then we'd have around $92 million in cap room.
You can always trust an dishonest man to be dishonest. Honestly, it's the honest ones you have to look out for.
"Winning makes believers of us all"-Paul Brown
Reply/Quote
(11-13-2019, 02:02 AM)Bengal Dude Wrote: Dehner mentioned some other players the team could cut or trade and get their contracts off the book. Dre K would open up $8 million, Dunlap would be around $6 million, and Cordy would be $9 million. Then we'd have around $92 million in cap room.

You know, this makes me think the FO already was set on bringing back the players from last year to see if Taylor could turn the same 6-10 team into a winner. I now don't believe Taylor had much say in the FAs that were signed.

While I'm frustrated essentially a year was wasted on hoping for the same group to become winners again, at least hopefully they come to their senses and make the necessary changes this offseason. They are off to a decent start with removing Brown.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(11-12-2019, 01:28 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: Haha. Quite a few of us are on record as saying Brown was a run thumper who didn't fit in the modern NFL. Actually I remember pundits saying it too.

hard to play the role of MLB when they only put 2 on the field  lol   but by how much run yards we give up 3 linebackers on the field might be a good idea?
Reply/Quote
(11-13-2019, 02:02 AM)Bengal Dude Wrote: Dehner mentioned some other players the team could cut or trade and get their contracts off the book. Dre K would open up $8 million, Dunlap would be around $6 million, and Cordy would be $9 million. Then we'd have around $92 million in cap room.

so we can pay more guys like hart?
Reply/Quote
(11-13-2019, 11:01 AM)ochocincos Wrote: You know, this makes me think the FO already was set on bringing back the players from last year to see if Taylor could turn the same 6-10 team into a winner. I now don't believe Taylor had much say in the FAs that were signed.

While I'm frustrated essentially a year was wasted on hoping for the same group to become winners again, at least hopefully they come to their senses and make the necessary changes this offseason.

Let's hope

It seems that Team Brown F.O. truly believed we were in win now mode. They thought we were only a better HC/staff away from being a contender. 

How many years have been wasted with this half baked, don't step out of our comfort zone Brown family BS ? They refuse to admit failure, period.
Reply/Quote
(11-13-2019, 11:10 AM)bengalfan74 Wrote: Let's hope

It seems that Team Brown F.O. truly believed we were in win now mode. They thought we were only a better HC/staff away from being a contender. 

How many years have been wasted with this half baked, don't step out of our comfort zone Brown family BS ? They refuse to admit failure, period.

Absolutely. They think they are just a tweak here and there away from contending for a Super Bowl.
They put too much stock into the development of players with clear weaknesses that never got addressed/improved.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
<script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>
Reply/Quote
Maybe Next year by this time, we can cut Nick Vigil. You know, give players at least 100 tries to have a decent game.
Reply/Quote
I can't believe Vigil is still a Bengal .any other team would have cut him by now
He is on the Mount Rushmore of the Bengals worst LBers ever
Reply/Quote
I think hes a free agent. They're probably preparing the 3 year $21 million contract as we speak.
Reply/Quote
Don't need to pay linebackers or blockers. Just draft more wide receivers and corners
Reply/Quote
(11-13-2019, 11:10 AM)bengalfan74 Wrote: Let's hope

(11-13-2019, 11:18 AM)ochocincos Wrote: Absolutely. They think they are just a tweak here and there away from contending for a Super Bowl.
They put too much stock into the development of players with clear weaknesses that never got addressed/improved.

They might have been right that they were a tweek here and tweak there away from competing but they didn't make any tweaks especially when they resigned Brown and Hart.
We might be having a different discussion if they signed good players at those positions instead.
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
(11-13-2019, 11:01 AM)ochocincos Wrote: You know, this makes me think the FO already was set on bringing back the players from last year to see if Taylor could turn the same 6-10 team into a winner. I now don't believe Taylor had much say in the FAs that were signed.

While I'm frustrated essentially a year was wasted on hoping for the same group to become winners again, at least hopefully they come to their senses and make the necessary changes this offseason. They are off to a decent start with removing Brown.

That was the mentality. Dehner mentioned that the FO believed last year's team was talented and that it was injuries that derailed them. Dehner also mentioned that when he spoke to people off the record, they still believed this team was talented enough. 
You can always trust an dishonest man to be dishonest. Honestly, it's the honest ones you have to look out for.
"Winning makes believers of us all"-Paul Brown
Reply/Quote
(11-13-2019, 02:44 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

When asked for comment; Preston Brown replied "I know you are, but what am I?".
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
<script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>
Reply/Quote
(11-14-2019, 02:28 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Marvin had 365 days last year. Bad as the defense has been it was a historically bad defense last year. Making zero changes and expecting to turn it around was pie in the sky management decision. Giving the FA contracts to guys like Atkins and Dunlap who were getting a little long in the tooth handcuffed the team. We can discuss this until we are blue in the face but unless the FO makes drastic changes this will be the status quo for the Bengals. 
Reply/Quote