Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 3.67 Average
Sunday-Dalton
(12-29-2019, 11:37 PM)jason Wrote: I pointed to Cam in a different post. You can have Goff. He can't or won't throw down field anymore, and has been completely exposed. Brandon Cooks is still in the NFL, but you'd never know it.

I’m not big on Goff either, just pointing out that a couple #1OA QB’s have had SB runs in the last few years.

I just don’t agree with the crowd that thinks everything has to be absolutely perfect for a young QB the minute he comes in.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Reply/Quote
(12-29-2019, 11:16 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: You were also wrong about the OL sucking in Dalton’s rookie year. That team had Big Whit, Andre Smith, Bobbie Williams, and Clint Boling.

PFF had us ranked the 13th best OL in the league that year.

https://www.pff.com/news/ranking-the-2011-offensive-lines-part-2

Why did they only win 4 games in 2010? They couldn't block long enough for Palmer's 5 and 7 step drops. That's why Dalton was drafted. Quick release.
Only users lose drugs.
:-)-~~~
Reply/Quote
(12-29-2019, 11:43 PM)Forever Spinning Vinyl Wrote: Why did they only win 4 games in 2010? They couldn't block long enough for Palmer's 5 and 7 step drops. That's why Dalton was drafted. Quick release.

They were ranked the 5th best OL in 2010 lol

https://www.pff.com/news/2010-offensive-line-rankings-%25e2%2580%2593-part-2

Reply/Quote
(12-29-2019, 11:40 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: I’m not big on Goff either, just pointing out that a couple #1OA QB’s have had SB runs in the last few years.

I just don’t agree with the crowd that thinks everything has to be absolutely perfect for a young QB the minute he comes in.

I'm not saying perfect... And Burrow definitely looks the part. He's night and day better than Goff or Trubisky or any of the numerous reaches at QB over the years. I was slow to come around to him, but he's more impressive than anyone I've seen since Luck.

Goff would've never gotten there without the spending spree the Rams went on (Whit, Talib, Cooks, Woods etc etc), and Cam was the Shaq of the NFL (physical freak of nature).
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(12-29-2019, 11:45 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: They were ranked the 5th best OL in 2010 lol

Biggest Concern: Both Dennis Roland and Andre Smith bombed at right tackle and look pretty incapable of protecting any quarterback, let alone a rookie.
Only users lose drugs.
Reply/Quote
(12-29-2019, 11:52 PM)Forever Spinning Vinyl Wrote: Biggest Concern: Both Dennis Roland and Andre Smith bombed at right tackle and look pretty incapable of protecting any quarterback, let alone a rookie.

I won a $100 bet in 2011... I said the Bengals would win at least 7 games going into the season. No way in hell I make that bet next year.

The cupboard wasn't all that bare back then. The pundits definitely spun it that way though.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(12-29-2019, 11:52 PM)Forever Spinning Vinyl Wrote: Biggest Concern: Both Dennis Roland and Andre Smith bombed at right tackle and look pretty incapable of protecting any quarterback, let alone a rookie.

Best Player: It’s fair to say Andrew Whitworth is now one of the leagues’ best left tackles.

Reply/Quote
(12-29-2019, 11:45 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: They were ranked the 5th best OL in 2010 lol

In 2010, Bengals were not ranked 5th best OL. We won 4 games that year.
I am so ready for 2024 season. I love pro football and hoping for a great Bengals year. Regardless, always remember it is a game and entertainment. 
Reply/Quote
(12-29-2019, 11:57 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Best Player: It’s fair to say Andrew Whitworth is now one of the leagues’ best left tackles.

Fair to say he was, I am not sure now he one of the best, he is still good though and I love the guy.
I am so ready for 2024 season. I love pro football and hoping for a great Bengals year. Regardless, always remember it is a game and entertainment. 
Reply/Quote
(12-30-2019, 12:23 AM)Luvnit2 Wrote: In 2010, Bengals were not ranked 5th best OL. We won 4 games that year.

According to pff they were.

I dunno why people are so hung up on the 4 wins thing with that team. That wasn't a 4 win team on paper. They just bombed... Period. There was a lot of talent on that team... TO, Chad, Cedric, Carson, Whit, JJ, Leon, Reggie, Pacman, MJ, and young and hungry Dunlap and Atkins.

The national media didn't give us a chance in 2011, but those that paid attention to the details knew otherwise... I remember a lot of people sporting their I'll Gladly Eat My Crow Under the Richard Simmons Rainbow sigs the following year.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(12-30-2019, 12:23 AM)Luvnit2 Wrote: In 2010, Bengals were not ranked 5th best OL. We won 4 games that year.

I literally linked the PFF ratings...

Teams can actually be bad even with good OL play. I know some on this board think it’s “all about the trenches!!!” but that’s not always true.

What have the Cowboys won with that great OL the last few years?

Reply/Quote
(12-30-2019, 12:46 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: I literally linked the PFF ratings...

Teams can actually be bad even with good OL play. I know some on this board think it’s “all about the trenches!!!” but that’s not always true.

What have the Cowboys won with that great OL the last few years?

PFF is damn near useless.

2010 OL
LT Whitworth 16 starts - first Pro Bowl in 2012
LG Livings 16 starts
C Cook 16 starts
LG Williams 16 starts - 0 Pro bowls
RT Roland 12 starts - Smith 4 starts

So in which universe did Nate Livings, Kyle Cook and a combo of Dennis Roland/Andre Smith start 16 games on a 5th ranked line? Top 5 line with zero Pro Bowls. That's going to be a hard sell on a Bengals board. Jerry Jones must also read PFF. I know that the Cowboys gave a big contract to Nate Livings . . . how did that work out?
Only users lose drugs.
Reply/Quote
(12-30-2019, 08:27 AM)Forever Spinning Vinyl Wrote: PFF is damn near useless.

2010 OL
LT Whitworth 16 starts - first Pro Bowl in 2012
LG Livings 16 starts
C Cook 16 starts
LG Williams 16 starts - 0 Pro bowls
RT Roland 12 starts - Smith 4 starts

So in which universe did Nate Livings, Kyle Cook and a combo of Dennis Roland/Andre Smith start 16 games on a 5th ranked line? Top 5 line with zero Pro Bowls. That's going to be a hard sell on a Bengals board. Jerry Jones must also read PFF. I know that the Cowboys gave a big contract to Nate Livings . . . how did that work out?

I don't wish to fight you, but we were 100% a top 10 oline that year.

That was when PFF was DAMN GOOD at what they did and when the grades made sense; Whitworth had under 20 pressures in over 1,000 snaps (though not as good as his 2014) and the run blocking was great from LT-RG.

The horridness at RT was the only weak point, but it wasn't weak enough to offset how great the rest of the line was; Livings had a very good year and Mathis was awesome in the 150-200 snaps he got at LG.

Cook had his best year as well.

You're level-headed and a good poster, so no one's bagging on you, but we had a fantastic line from 2009-2016, when the wheels started to fall off (Ogbuehi).

That is a fact and the numbers back it up.
[Image: Truck_1_0_1_.png]
Reply/Quote
We'll agree to disagree.

4-12 record
20th offense in yards per game
24th in yards per play
22nd in points per game
13th in passing yards per game
27th in rushing yards per game
32nd in yards per rushing attempt

You can believe someone else's opinion on what you've seen all you want. I still trust my eyes, my memory and the numbers actually back ME up.
Only users lose drugs.
Reply/Quote
(12-31-2019, 03:24 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Could it be...now stay with me here...maybe it takes more than a good OL to have success? Crazy talk on this board I know.

Again, look at Dallas. Best OL in the league (or at least right there with NO) and they will be watching the playoffs from their couches. And no it’s not all on their defense which was #9 in yds/g allowed.
So one team with a good O-line doesn't make the playoffs so now nobody needs a good o-line? What are you, 12? Just a little fyi, #1 overall picks Winston, Goff and Mayfield didn't make the playoffs either. How many teams have even made the Super Bowl with a below average line? A below average line would be a massive upgrade in Cincinnati. 

Not many teams can score 113 points more than their opponents and finish 8-8 like Dallas.
1a) Coaching
1b) Owner acting as GM

Or do you see something else?
Only users lose drugs.
Reply/Quote
(12-31-2019, 05:33 AM)Forever Spinning Vinyl Wrote: So one team with a good O-line doesn't make the playoffs so now nobody needs a good o-line? What are you, 12? Just a little fyi, #1 overall picks Winston, Goff and Mayfield didn't make the playoffs either. How many teams have even made the Super Bowl with a below average line? A below average line would be a massive upgrade in Cincinnati. 

Not many teams can score 113 points more than their opponents and finish 8-8 like Dallas.
1a) Coaching
1b) Owner acting as GM

Or do you see something else?

Ok, boomer

Now go spin your records lol

Reply/Quote
No problem, kid.

Good luck with your ongoing struggles with life.
Only users lose drugs.
Reply/Quote
(12-31-2019, 05:40 AM)Forever Spinning Vinyl Wrote: No problem, kid.

Good luck with your ongoing struggles with life.

It will be ok vinyl, life will go on after Andy Dalton lol

I know this is a terribly upsetting time for like 2 or 3 of you guys right now, but the rest of us will be over here being excited about the stud QB we’re about to draft.

ThumbsUp

Reply/Quote
(12-31-2019, 05:44 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: It will be ok vinyl, life will go on after Andy Dalton lol

I know this is a terribly upsetting time for like 2 or 3 of you guys right now, but the rest of us will be over here being excited about the stud QB we’re about to draft.

ThumbsUp

Whatever you say, Costco. You're just revealing more about yourself than you are about me. Unlike you, I don't need the performance of 44-45 guys that don't even know that I exist to feel better or worse about myself. I love my Bengals, but I don't NEED this team to win . . . people like you, do.
Only users lose drugs.
Reply/Quote
(12-31-2019, 06:07 AM)Forever Spinning Vinyl Wrote: Whatever you say, Costco. You're just revealing more about yourself than you are about me. Unlike you, I don't need the performance of 44-45 guys that don't even know that I exist to feel better or worse about myself. I love my Bengals, but I don't NEED this team to win . . . people like you, do.

This is rich. I do believe you’re the one who made things personal first with your snarky 12 year old comment...

Reply/Quote