Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Dunlap not starting this week
(10-08-2020, 09:22 PM)jfkbengals Wrote: But sometimes it matters to their income.  There are often incentives in a contract related to starts.

With that said, I could care less about starts to any position but QB and K (no team has ever punted on first down to open a game, otherwise LS and P would be in there too).  Hopefully this means Carlos can have fresh legs on passing downs to pin his ears back and get after Lamar.

That is what I think the plan is, just hope Carlos is on board...

Don't know why he wouldn't be...

Just like I don't know why he is airing this out in public...
Reply/Quote
He went on IG and said that while he is unhappy, he went about it the wrong way and he's determined to do his job if he's called upon.

He knows he ****** up, he just spoke without thinking first; the whole world does that.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
[Image: Truck_1_0_1_.png]
Reply/Quote
I like this decision made by this coaching staff.I think I’m finally gaining some confidence in them.
Reply/Quote
(10-08-2020, 09:24 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: That is what I think the plan is, just hope Carlos is on board...

He knows the defense won’t see a 3rd down on Sunday Ninja
Reply/Quote
(10-08-2020, 09:36 PM)Truck_1_0_1_ Wrote: He went on IG and said that while he is unhappy, he went about it the wrong way and he's determined to do his job if he's called upon.

He knows he ****** up, he just spoke without thinking first; the whole world does that.

Good to hear that. I was pretty disappointed in him tbh.

Reply/Quote
(10-08-2020, 10:06 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Good to hear that. I was pretty disappointed in him tbh.

Me to. And this is one of the reasons I hate social media so much.
Reply/Quote
(10-08-2020, 09:36 PM)Truck_1_0_1_ Wrote: He went on IG and said that while he is unhappy, he went about it the wrong way and he's determined to do his job if he's called upon.

For all we know he could have seen the depth chart 5 minutes before the earlier interview and was still letting it sink in and let his emotions get the better of him. Having time to reflect he knew he'd make a mistake and said as much.
Reply/Quote
(10-08-2020, 09:24 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: That is what I think the plan is, just hope Carlos is on board...

He may as well.  Auden Tate's camp spouted off about his playing time in the media and Taylor and company did nothing about it.  If they aren't going to put Auden Tate in check, why would Carlos Dunlap believe they would do anything to him?

If Taylor is going to be an NFL HC, he needs to learn to make examples out of problem players.  Otherwise, more and more guys start chirping.
Reply/Quote
Glad he now seems to realize he shouldn’t have said anything publicly.
I’m sure he’s a big part of the third down package so he just comes across as a baby when he says that he wishes he was a part of the game plan. He is but just not the part he wanted to be.
Reply/Quote
(10-08-2020, 02:47 PM)Au165 Wrote: So one thought I had, I saw Dunlap say "They got a great gameplan for stopping the run this week, I just wish I was part of it". I wonder with Geno back (potentially) if we could see a more tradiional 3-4 look standing Hubbard and Lawson up to play more of an outside contain on Jackson with Covington/Rader/Geno playing as the down linemen? To me the timing of this seems interesting coming off the team performance last week, which makes me wonder if it is schematical as much as performance. He mentions he will still be a 3rd down rusher, which is most likely from a more traditional four man front.

We seen a bunch of odd fronts against the Jaguars with Hubbard, Lawson, Dunlap, and Kareem playing OLB. I still dont understand why they havent moved Dunlap inside to DE in 5 man fronts like they have Hubbard on passing downs.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
(10-08-2020, 04:59 PM)Isaac Curtis: The Real #85 Wrote: 1) Dunlap deserves benched.

2) The coaches not telling him personally was completely classless and unprofessional. It will make other guys not want to play for you.

They did let him know. That’s how he knows

[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote
(10-08-2020, 05:25 PM)Wes Mantooth Wrote: For people who are compaining that not telling him was stupid, or classless, or whatever, I think you're missing some things.

1.) They discussed this, at some level, in the offseason. He mentions this in the video. Apparently he had a conversation with his postion coach about it (moving to third down in some packages).

2.) They did just tell him, when they posted the depth chart. Maybe they intended on having further discussions or a conversation with him later today. (We don't know)

3.) This is a one-sided, limited explanation of the situation, from a player that is clearly frustrated. Kinda not fair to label the staff as being stupid or classless, without knowing the details or their side of the story.

4.) We have no clue what went all into this decision. Maybe his effort has been poor, maybe this has been building and he's been made aware his role was in jeopardy of being changed.

5.) We don't know when this decison was finally made. Some of you are saying they should have told him Tues or Weds. Maybe they didn't know Tues or Weds. Maybe they just had a meeting and decided this morning.

6.) Depth charts are a part of football, for every team and every player. Posting them is not unique to us.

7.) The team didn't make this "public", Carlos did. From the very begining of hsi interview he immediately brought it up. Even the team's beat reporter didn't know.

To each their own, but this sounds like nothing but sour grapes to me. And to air it out in the way he did seemed both pathetic and childish. I've faulted Zac Taylor, Lou and Co. for many things. But I can't believe so many are questioning a routine occurance in this game. Guys occassionaly lose their spots, and the staff doesn't have to hold veteran's hands throughout the process and make sure their feeling aren't hurt.

This.

And ... so much for the element of surprise. Thanks ‘Los.
-That which we need most, will be found where we want to visit least.-
Reply/Quote

That's good. I was surprised as this is pretty out of character for him. 
Reply/Quote
This is just simple mastermind game planning by Zac, he makes Dunlap and the Ravins think that he's only going to be playing 3rd downs and then BAM Dunlap every play. Gosh darn guys, a Hollywood writer couldn't come up with a better blockbuster. I for one will be buying a ticket to this show on Sunday! #WhoDey #ZacGenius

Wink
Confucius say, he who go to bed with itchy butt wake up with smelly finger.
Reply/Quote

Hearing this stopped me from posting what I was about to post. Glad he recognized his own f-up. Having said that, there's this:
[Image: ?u=http%3A%2F%2Fscarsdale10583.com%2Fima...f=1&nofb=1]
Today I'm TEAM SEWELL. Tomorrow TEAM PITTS. Maybe TEAM CHASE. I can't decide, and glad I don't have to.
Reply/Quote
(10-08-2020, 02:40 PM)J24 Wrote: He lead the team in tackles against Philly and was coming off a 70 performance against the Jaguars. While Lawson is better than him at this point I see no point in humiliating Dunlap by publicly benching him and honestly he still going to be playing a ton still; So what was the point in doing so?
All they had to do was tell Him that they are going to limit his snaps and this wouldn't be a big deal at all.

They didn't publicly bench him, Carlos made it public.

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
(10-08-2020, 04:59 PM)Isaac Curtis: The Real #85 Wrote: 1) Dunlap deserves benched.

2) The coaches not telling him personally was completely classless and unprofessional. It will make other guys not want to play for you.

Apparently, we were already undesirable to play for as it is. But, despite the media screaming about practice facilities and cheapness winning the bidding war can convince a lot of people to overlook things. With all the horror stories about MB and like 3-16-1, I don’t think a spat about benching would do anything in wanting to play under ZT and the Bengals.

Also, have some empathy, if you got demoted you would be pretty depressed about it wouldn't you?
Reply/Quote
(10-08-2020, 10:22 PM)Whatever Wrote: He may as well.  Auden Tate's camp spouted off about his playing time in the media and Taylor and company did nothing about it.  If they aren't going to put Auden Tate in check, why would Carlos Dunlap believe they would do anything to him?

If Taylor is going to be an NFL HC, he needs to learn to make examples out of problem players.  Otherwise, more and more guys start chirping.

Well, first off, Auden Tate didn't say squat. He's been a  professional. His agent spouted off about how Tate "may" want to seek a trade in the future if they didn't activate him. Given Tate has only one way to secure another contract, and that's to be on the field, it's pretty much a given. Unless I missed it, Tate did not take it public and call what the coaches are doing "madness"
Reply/Quote
The auden tate thing was way overblown by the media.
Reply/Quote
(10-08-2020, 05:42 PM)ezekiel23 Wrote: While they’re at it they need to light a fire under a couple more butts.That would be AJ and Geno.

Ease up on Geno. He is injured, and he is rarely injured. His number were down last year, but he was overused. He'll be back and I can't wait to see him lined up next to Reader...
Reply/Quote