Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Dunlap not starting this week
(10-08-2020, 05:51 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: Why? My poop smells like roses.  Cool

I wasn't talking about the smell. Considering what you eat AND your penchant for wearing nothing but thongs, you shitting your pants would be like putting 8 cans of Play Doh through the Play Doh spaghetti maker thing. 
[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote
(10-09-2020, 09:24 AM)PhilHos Wrote: I wasn't talking about the smell. Considering what you eat AND your penchant for wearing nothing but thongs, you shitting your pants would be like putting 8 cans of Play Doh through the Play Doh spaghetti maker thing. 

Reply/Quote
(10-08-2020, 04:59 PM)Isaac Curtis: The Real #85 Wrote: 1) Dunlap deserves benched.

2) The coaches not telling him personally was completely classless and unprofessional. It will make other guys not want to play for you.

Agree with 1, but I'm holding judgement on 2.

There is a possibility that this is exactly what Dunlap needs. It may be that Dunlap is even going public with it to put further pressure on himself to prove them 'wrong'. This might be his way of motivating himself and it might be a deliberate move from the Bengals to provoke that reaction.

Of course it could also be that this is a dysfunctional coaching staff, the type that would send it's Offensive Co-ordinator out to face the media without telling him that they've cut one of his players.

The coming weeks will tell.
Reply/Quote
He may be being sensitive. He’s still going to play a lot of snaps

But yeah the coaches are cowards for doing it so b****made
Reply/Quote
Dunlap running to the press about it?

SMH. Vet should know how to act like a vet.

Dunlap being upset?

Good, I hope it translates onto the field. He's been mailing it in this season and its shown in his play. So far what he's put on the field hasn't been worth his 2020 contract, much less a new contract in 2021. Let him get fired up and bring it on the field. Would love to see him retire a Bengal. But if he doesn't man up, 2020 is the end of the road for him in Cincy.
Reply/Quote
(10-08-2020, 05:05 PM)BoomerFan Wrote: He did have a batted pass on a crucial down late in the Eagles game but I do agree he could be more consistent/motivated better. 

Edit: In fact I recall having seen him out of position or missing tackles during games, so yeah, I agree he's been bad.

I thought this was a telling line in his press conference

Honestly, Week 3 at Philly, we featured more of the defense that I’ve played my whole career. But you’ve seen me make plays in this defense as well. 

After 9 seasons in the same defense, it seems like he is having trouble learning or at least performing in a new defense

Winning makes believers of us all

Reply/Quote
(10-09-2020, 08:21 AM)Sled21 Wrote: Well, first off, Auden Tate didn't say squat. He's been a  professional. His agent spouted off about how Tate "may" want to seek a trade in the future if they didn't activate him. Given Tate has only one way to secure another contract, and that's to be on the field, it's pretty much a given. Unless I missed it, Tate did not take it public and call what the coaches are doing "madness"

Players often rebuke their agent's claims when they speak out of turn. Tate never did, and since the agent works for him, the only real conclusion we can reach is the agent got his marching orders from Tate.  The agent is Tate's representative and that means Tate is responsible for him.

Everyone is always playing for their next contract.  Do you hear Siebert or Finley complaining about their PT because they have to earn that next contract?  Jordan Evans?  Shawn Williams?  It's the NFL, not youth soccer.  Not everyone gets a chance to play.  These guys are well paid professionals and should conduct themselves as such.  When the first guy gets out of line, you have to handle him.  Now, if they crack down on Dunlap after giving Tate a pass, it looks like Taylor is playing favorites and he loses credibility.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(10-08-2020, 09:36 PM)Truck_1_0_1_ Wrote: He went on IG and said that while he is unhappy, he went about it the wrong way and he's determined to do his job if he's called upon.

He knows he ****** up, he just spoke without thinking first; the whole world does that.

Ya well he’s still calling himself employee number 96 like a baby. Emotional mentally weak people can catch an L

Reply/Quote
(10-09-2020, 10:40 AM)Whatever Wrote: Players often rebuke their agent's claims when they speak out of turn. Tate never did, and since the agent works for him, the only real conclusion we can reach is the agent got his marching orders from Tate.  The agent is Tate's representative and that means Tate is responsible for him.

Everyone is always playing for their next contract.  Do you hear Siebert or Finley complaining about their PT because they have to earn that next contract?  Jordan Evans?  Shawn Williams?  It's the NFL, not youth soccer.  Not everyone gets a chance to play.  These guys are well paid professionals and should conduct themselves as such.  When the first guy gets out of line, you have to handle him.  Now, if they crack down on Dunlap after giving Tate a pass, it looks like Taylor is playing favorites and he loses credibility.

Tate was playing better than green and Ross. He had a right to be upset, Dunlap is an effort and results demotion

Reply/Quote
(10-09-2020, 09:49 AM)Housh Wrote: He may be being sensitive. He’s still going to play a lot of snaps

You sound ignorant. They told him. It was discussed in the offseason just like he said. He’s just a crybaby because he’s not getting his way.

Reply/Quote
(10-09-2020, 09:49 AM)Housh Wrote: He may be being sensitive. He’s still going to play a lot of snaps

Complete bullshit. Dunlap needs to man up and play, stop being a little 4 yr old.
Reply/Quote
(10-09-2020, 10:48 AM)Okeana Wrote: Ya well he’s still calling himself employee number 96 like a baby. Emotional mentally weak people can catch an L

How is that being a baby?

His number is 96 and he's technically an employee of the team. Actually a fairly decent nickname.

The spin some people put on things is just bizarre.
[Image: Truck_1_0_1_.png]
Reply/Quote
(10-09-2020, 10:50 AM)Okeana Wrote: Tate was playing better than green and Ross.  He had a right to be upset, Dunlap is an effort and results demotion

Tate played 15 snaps and wasn't even targeted in the opener and wasn't active for game two.  I don't see how anyone can argue that he outplayed anybody in those circumstances.  

Evans outplayed ADG last week.  When Wilson returns and he inevitably gets pulled out of nickel packages, is it cool for him to go public and say he should be playing in nickel?
Reply/Quote
(10-09-2020, 11:17 AM)Truck_1_0_1_ Wrote: How is that being a baby?

His number is 96 and he's technically an employee of the team. Actually a fairly decent nickname.

He has always called himself that anyway. No big deal.

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(10-09-2020, 01:42 PM)Whatever Wrote: Tate played 15 snaps and wasn't even targeted in the opener and wasn't active for game two.  I don't see how anyone can argue that he outplayed anybody in those circumstances.  

Evans outplayed ADG last week.  When Wilson returns and he inevitably gets pulled out of nickel packages, is it cool for him to go public and say he should be playing in nickel?

Man, you really don't like Tate do you?
Reply/Quote
(10-09-2020, 11:17 AM)Truck_1_0_1_ Wrote: How is that being a baby?

If you don’t see him pouting by saying employee number 96 I’m not gonna waste my time explaining it

Reply/Quote
(10-09-2020, 01:42 PM)Whatever Wrote: Tate played 15 snaps and wasn't even targeted in the opener and wasn't active for game two.  I don't see how anyone can argue that he outplayed anybody in those circumstances.  

Ross has 17 yards on the season

Reply/Quote
(10-09-2020, 02:04 PM)Wes Mantooth Wrote: Man, you really don't like Tate do you?

QFT

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
This will be a huge week for Sam Hubbard and Carl Lawson. Lawson is in a contract year and playing for big time edge money.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
(10-09-2020, 08:21 AM)Sled21 Wrote: Well, first off, Auden Tate didn't say squat. He's been a  professional. His agent spouted off about how Tate "may" want to seek a trade in the future if they didn't activate him. Given Tate has only one way to secure another contract, and that's to be on the field, it's pretty much a given. Unless I missed it, Tate did not take it public and call what the coaches are doing "madness"

Yep, that was Tate's agent. They do that shit trying to get their guy's dough.

(10-09-2020, 08:23 AM)CorpusChristiBengal Wrote: The auden tate thing was way overblown by the media.

The agent started it and the media overblown it no doubt.
Reply/Quote