Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
This team has clearly quit on Taylor
(12-06-2020, 11:10 PM)wildcatnku24 Wrote: Examples?  I watched the game, and can't honestly say I saw quit anywhere.  

Tim McGee also watched the game and saw things differently...

'They looked undisciplined and looked like many gave up.'
Reply/Quote
(12-06-2020, 11:16 PM)Bengalholic Wrote: Tim McGee also watched the game and saw things differently...

'They looked undisciplined and looked like many gave up.'

Agreed, it's bad right now
Reply/Quote
Lordy, we went from "Dunlap wants out, he's quitting on the team" to "everyone here who didn't demand a trade and is still here is quitting on the team" in about a month. Who lotta quitting goes on in Cincy.

Is it like when Hall & Oates sang "The strong give up and move on, while the weak, the weak give up and stay-ay-ay-aaaayyyyY!!!!"
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(12-06-2020, 11:31 PM)Nately120 Wrote: Lordy, we went from "Dunlap wants out, he's quitting on the team" to "everyone here who didn't demand a trade and is still here is quitting on the team" in about a month.  Who lotta quitting goes on in Cincy.

Is it like when Hall & Oates sang "The strong give up and move on, while the weak, the weak give up and stay-ay-ay-aaaayyyyY!!!!"

I wish Zac would quit.  Whatever
Reply/Quote
I didn't see much quit on defense at all, and on offense it was not quit, it was incompetence.
Reply/Quote
(12-06-2020, 11:35 PM)Bengalholic Wrote: I wish Zac would quit.  Whatever

The closest I'll come to defending him is to say that he's like Ryan Finley or Mitch Trubisky.  He's a guy who accepted a position wll above his pay grade with a troubled organization and people are frustrated because he has been given a lofty position and the expectations that come with it.

Finley isn't good, but it's not his fault we traded up to get him and he got a gold star of approval.  What's he supposed to do, refuse to play QB?

Same with Trubisky, he isn't good but hell it's not his fault the Bears valued him above Watson and Mahommes.

ZT is a QB coach in over his head.  It's like rolling into a season with an undrafted rookie QB as your established "all eggs in one basket" starter.  The guy shouldn't be in this position, but someone in a position of power offered him a job.
Reply/Quote
I mentioned in the gameday thread I was watching blitzers go, and as soon as they hit the line, just stop. No pushing, no trying to get around. Was like watching practice. Quit? Maybe not, but giving 100% does not seem there. Although, I can say it is not like they were impressive before.
Reply/Quote
(12-06-2020, 08:16 PM)Whatever Wrote: Really, the only 2 guys that I could really call out today for lack of effort would be AJ and Hart.  The vast majority of these guys are playing hard, if for no other reason than to make a good impression to either hang on here next year or impress the other 31 teams.  The main issues are bad coaching and lack of talent.  Personally, Zac needs to be gone next year, but I don't think we need to create even more justification for that.  The results are the only justification needed.

This is why I’ve always hated the “the players are still playing hard” excuse. They have contract incentives and want to put out good tape. You would have to be brain dead to not try and get paid.
Reply/Quote
(12-06-2020, 08:23 PM)Chezaugie Wrote: Let me guess, ABBA is your favorite musical group.

Take a chance on me!
Reply/Quote
(12-07-2020, 12:28 AM)chopperbobby Wrote: Take a chance on me!

I do I do I do I do I do!
Reply/Quote
Tim McGee can tell like some of us can.
The guy knows what he is talking about.
Reply/Quote
When Burrow went down, the team went down. They clearly dont want to play for these coaches.
Reply/Quote
(12-06-2020, 07:50 PM)jj22 Wrote: I know people believe the Bengals can attract a good HC (if they wanted to), but with the number of potential openings in 2021, the Bengals even with Burrow have to be on the bottom of candidates (who we would want) wish lists.

We'd be looking at another ZT. Someone no one else would have hired.

Someone with not enough of a resume to stand up to MB and the FO.

17 years ago, this front office made the right move and hired up-and-comer Marvin Lewis as head coach. Granted, Marvin obviously wasn’t the man to get this team over the hump. However, at the time Marvin was universally viewed as an exceptional hire. Nobody could have predicted what a choke artist Marvin was. But he was the right choice back then.

Taylor however? An abysmal choice. The most obvious wrong choice this millennium. If Zac isn’t fired in 4 weeks? Say hello to the 90’a all over again. But not even this front office can be that stupid. Zac and his incompetent cronies are out of here in T-minus 4 weeks.....
Reply/Quote
(12-07-2020, 12:28 AM)chopperbobby Wrote: Take a chance on me!

Knowing me, knowing you... there is nothing we can do.

Knowing me, knowing you... we just have to face it this time we’re through. Knowing me, knowing you, it’s the best I can do LOL
Reply/Quote
Football.is a bottom line business. Zac is a loser.
He says the same stuff every weekend.
Blah blah.blah.we need to.play better. We are going.to
Turn this around. Yadda yadda yadda.we just have to
Play through it.he has more rehearsed lines than Shakespearean Actor
Good lord.
Reply/Quote
Paul Dehner with a pretty accurate observation of today's game:

'...it’s one thing to lose. It’s another to lose ugly. And another completely to get punked.'
Reply/Quote
(12-07-2020, 12:58 AM)Pat5775 Wrote: Knowing me, knowing you... there is nothing we can do.

Knowing me, knowing you... we just have to face it this time we’re through. Knowing me, knowing you, it’s the best I can do LOL

[Image: DC42UUb.png]
Reply/Quote
(12-07-2020, 01:11 AM)Bengalholic Wrote: Paul Dehner with a pretty accurate observation of today's game:

'...it’s one thing to lose. It’s another to lose ugly. And another completely to get punked.'

I only watched bits and pieces of the game I was busy installing ceiling fan and doing some drywall work. But the few plays I did watch were just pathetic. Any good NFL team will destroy this bunch.

This team from HC down to the last guy to make the PS needs a total overhaul. BAD
Reply/Quote
(12-07-2020, 12:53 AM)Pat5775 Wrote: 17 years ago, this front office made the right move and hired up-and-comer Marvin Lewis as head coach. Granted, Marvin obviously wasn’t the man to get this team over the hump. However, at the time Marvin was universally viewed as an exceptional hire. Nobody could have predicted what a choke artist Marvin was. But he was the right choice back then. Taylor however? An abysmal choice. The most obvious wrong choice this millennium. If Zac isn’t fired in 4 weeks? Say hello to the 90’a all over again. But not even this front office can be that stupid. Zac and his incompetent cronies are out of here in T-minus 4 weeks.....

Adam Gase, Anthony Lynn, Matt Nagy, and Zac Taylor all losing like it's going out of style and being on the hot-seat may be a sign that the whole "make a young offensive-minded guy your HC and go the McVey way!" plan was a bit of a phase that has run its course.  Especially since all four of them have a sort "ruined or will ruin the new QB" stink about them.

Not only did we get caught up in the hype of template hiring, we hired a guy who was a QB coach when other teams at least had a shot by promoting experienced/successful OCs.  The Jets, Chargers, Bears, and Bengals are like record labels that went all-in on disco acts in 1979...we just happened to go all-in on the crappiest disco acts to get the double-whammy of it all.
Reply/Quote
(12-06-2020, 09:08 PM)fredtoast Wrote: I don't know what you mean by "stand up to the front office" but Taylor had zero resume and they gave him $145 million worth of free agents this last offseason.

When we were looking to replace Marvin I always said e needed a proven coach to replace him, but when you have the coach with the worst record in the history of the league you can take a flyer on anyone.

Most of the fans around here mocked the Bengals when they hired an OC from the arena league, but Jay Gruden was on of the best OC we have had.  He was not much of a head coach, but he still has a couple of winning seasons and took Washington to the playoffs one year.

Gruden's offense was perfect for Dalton and generally protects the QB:  quick, accurate throws to guys moving in space.  ZT's offense gets a QB killed, not unlike Mike Martz.  It has big play potential, but Orlando Pace isn't walking through that door any time soon.  Until this team gets the right pieces in place on the offensive and defensive lines, the skill positions and coaches won't matter. 
Reply/Quote