Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Steelers angry with Burfict over Bell injury
(11-02-2015, 01:40 AM)samhain Wrote: Yeah, I often imagine what it would be like to just hop from team to team and vicariously enjoying their wins until luck runs out.  For some people it's a way of life.  There are fans like that in Lexington.  Tons of them.  "Oh, I love UK basketball, but Alabama's my team during football season!"  I have zero respect for these dips hits.  I have a co-worker who likes UK basketball, Bama football, and the Pats.  I refuse to talk sports with him because that's a joke.  

I pretty much group at least 60 percent of Steeler fans into that category.  F Them.  Sure, there's bickering and infighting among Bengal fans, but anyone with the balls to go all in with a franchise like this deserves respect IMO.  You play the hand you're dealt.  

Yep....you know how close I am to Lex.....and that is PRECISELY the reason I am not a Cats fan.  In fact....that shit drove me to buy Louisville gear just to piss them off.  
(11-02-2015, 01:42 AM)GodFather Wrote: Everything about that team and their fans spell classless. There's a new sheriff in town Shitsburgh and all your crying in the world isn't going to change it.

Damn straight.

"Better send those refunds..."

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(11-01-2015, 10:13 PM)The Real Deal Wrote: From the sounds of this particular comment,  it seems Burfict had better watch out during the week 14 match-up with the Steelers in Cincinnati.

http://cin.247sports.com/Bolt/Steelers-angry-at-Bengals-celebration-of-LeVeon-Bells-injury-40731326

"The Steelers were angry following Sunday's loss to the Bengals.

Specifically, several members of Pittsburgh's team was angry with the way one member of the Cincinnati's defense reacted following Le'Veon Bell's injury in the second quarter.

After being apart of the tackle that injured Bell's knee following his catch from Ben Roethlisberger, Vontaze Burfict apparently celebrated in a way that irked several Steelers, including Pittsburgh linemen Ramon Foster.

"He's that type of guy," Foster said of Burfict, the Bengals' inside linebacker. "You don't run across the field hyped, celebrating, jumping up and down the field when a guy goes down like that.

"He's that type of guy, period. If you're on the field with him, you know what I mean by that. They'll play it off, he'll act dumb about it. That type of guy gets his sooner or later, so wait and see, I guess."

While Burfict's celebrated wasn't captured on TV, it was apparently enough to draw the ire of the Steelers who, along with losing Bell, also lost the game to drop to 4-4 on the season. Pittsburgh also fell further behind Cincinnati in what is turning into a runaway for the AFC North title for the Bengals, who are now 7-0 and 2-0 in the division.

In 2006, Sports Illustrated called the Steelers-Bengals rivalry "the nastiest in the NFL". With one more game to go, a Week 14 showdown in Cincinnati, the rivalry between these cross state opponents could be back in a big way."

Pretty sure Pitt was celebrating in 05 when Palmer and Henry went down on the same play. They even celebrated breaking our freakin kickers Jaw. So F&$K Pitt. Karma is a *****.
Reply/Quote
(11-02-2015, 01:26 AM)Beaker Wrote: After Mitchell celebrated the Marvin Jones hit, then walked over to AJ Green and told him 'you're next", I don't care if Burfict was celebrating the injury or not. Eff the steelers.

See above.

How many times have they shown steelers (scumbags don't get a capital "s") celebrating the injury of another player. Not just against Cincinnati, Steve Smith Sr with the Ravens was just earlier this year. Their blind homerish fans claim they run a clean organization and don't tolerate that type of play, and they aren't dirty, they just play hard. When that style of play is tossed back in their faces and cost their team, they cry like spoiled children and point fingers. F the steelers, F their fans, and F anyone who suports that crap organization, you'll get no sympathy here.

[Image: bengals08-1-800small.jpg]

Reply/Quote
[Image: 30592715.jpg]
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
(11-01-2015, 10:48 PM)StLucieBengal Wrote: I was gonna post this nugget from a steelers fan on this topic .

The hit was clean....   Tez wasn't celebrating an injury.    This reminds me of the soft Carolina Panthers complaining.  

http://www.behindthesteelcurtain.com/2015/11/1/9656114/watch-burfict-leave-his-feet-to-bend-bell-then-vote

Why was St Lucie banned?  He is one of the best posters on here.
Reply/Quote
(11-02-2015, 01:53 AM)Wyche Wrote: Yep....you know how close I am to Lex.....and that is PRECISELY the reason I am not a Cats fan.  In fact....that shit drove me to buy Louisville gear just to piss them off.  

Damn straight.

Yeah, I like when the Cats get a big SEC win because it's like the Bengals of the 90s getting their one win of the season.  They go nuts and set shit on fire.  Then November gets here and they completely stop supporting their football team.  Hate it.  Sometimes I enjoy them, but they are a spoiled fan base.  I even like Calipari as a person, but knowing he's a goddamned Steeler fan makes me laugh a little when he slips up.
Reply/Quote
I'm angry with him too. Should've been Ben.
Reply/Quote
(11-02-2015, 02:41 AM)samhain Wrote: Yeah, I like when the Cats get a big SEC win because it's like the Bengals of the 90s getting their one win of the season.  They go nuts and set shit on fire.  Then November gets here and they completely stop supporting their football team.  Hate it.  Sometimes I enjoy them, but they are a spoiled fan base.  I even like Calipari as a person, but knowing he's a goddamned Steeler fan makes me laugh a little when he slips up.

I've never liked Teflon John.....even before UK.

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
(11-01-2015, 10:18 PM)Johnny Cupcakes Wrote: I didn't see him celebrating, and I'm not so sure that he knew the extent of the injury on that play. If he did know though, and celebrated it, it's a scumbag move.
No one else saw it either. He celebtated all game because he was back in a game after a year.Please dont be so reactionary towards OUR players based on steeler whining.
Reply/Quote
Hoping the best for Le'Veon, he is a good guy.

But to the Steelers fans whining about "dirty play" from King-Tez, as many have said, F*ck them! Karma is a b*tch, and it's about godd*mn time they were on this side of a devastating injury in a game. Again, want to reiterate that I am not celebrating an injury to Bell. He is a special player, and I hope he makes a quick recovery.. But for the fans... in true Steeler obliviousness of self-awareness, look how these a$sholes react when they are on this side of an injury.

Palmer - To his credit, Kimo did look upset after he realized Palmer was injured
K Rivers - H Ward seen celebrating with teammates after cheap shot even after Rivers was hurt.
Huber - Steelers fans take offense when Bengals fans suggest Garvin's hit was dirty

The list goes on. A Google search of "Steelers dirty hits" offers the following results:

http://www.sportsgrid.com/nfl/watch-steelers-safety-ryan-clarks-dirty-hit-on-giants-receiver-victor-cruz/
http://www.sportsgrid.com/nfl/vine-carlos-hyde-takes-gruesome-cheap-shot-to-the-knee/
http://www.nfl.com/superbowl/story/09000d5d81dffe35/article/dirty-or-tough-reputation-follows-steelers-to-super-bowl
http://ftw.usatoday.com/2014/11/new-york-jets-pittsburgh-steelers-victory-formation-rex-ryan-dirty-play-mitchell

And my favorite, although it is satire: http://www.derfmagazine.com/news/sports/1442.html
Reply/Quote
This is a team that has taken cheap shots on a repeated basis. They got hit in the mouth, took some casualties and then whine about it. The team and the fan base stands guard, saying we are not a legit 7-0 team but had no problem stomping the piss hole out of us when we were missing players last year.

Whatever.

[Image: tumblr_nmz43uky8c1rtim7ko1_500.gif]

Feel free to support my Film/TV Review YouTube Channel  - Youtube.Com/NaterTot
Reply/Quote
(11-02-2015, 02:09 AM)BonnieBengal Wrote: Why was St Lucie banned?  He is one of the best posters on here.

He won't really be gone as long as you are here.  His memory will live on in your heart.
Reply/Quote
Am I a bad fan for being glad a squeeler player was taken out? Over the years I've seen plenty of players on teams I like get hurt and hoped someone would get even. It's the nature of the game. Let the other guys get hurt. I want our guys being the hurters not the hurtees. If Vontez was happy then I'm happy for him. If that makes me a bad fan I can live with it.
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
I went to Behind the Steel Curtain to read the Steelers' fans comments about the Bell injury. I was hoping to see people upset, but aware that it was a clean hit and an unfortunate accident.

Well, turns out the Steelers fans have convinced themselves that Burfict did it on purpose. "You could have just pushed him out of bounds" they were saying, as if that's a reliable way to ensure the most slippery back in the NFL actually freaking goes out of bounds.

http://www.behindthesteelcurtain.com/steelers-2015-preview-regular-season-news-updates-roster-depth-chart-salary-cap-tickets-cincinnati-bengals-how-to-watch/2015/11/1/9654804/steelers-rb-leveon-bell-injures-knee-in-second-quarter-of-bengals-game

Others blamed the Steelers because they should know the Bengals play dirty, and play accordingly. Don't pass to Bell against the Ravens and Bengals because, apparently, the only time the Bengals or Ravens can ever beat the Steelers is if they attempt to injure their best players.

The level of delusion is very interesting, as it really proves that emotion is more powerful than logic. We probably already knew that, as most of the stuff on the internet is completely lacking in logic of any kind, but it is funny to see it in action on a rival team's blog.
Reply/Quote
karma is a *****

2005 anyone?
[Image: 1jKEzj4.png]
Formerly known as Judge on the Bengals.com message board.
Reply/Quote
How many N bombs do you think their fans dropped on Vontaze after the play?
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
Didn't wish for it or celebrate it but will not shed a single tear over it. He'll be back as strong as ever. If that's not until next year, so be it. He really is a special payer.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
(11-02-2015, 09:46 AM)McC Wrote: Didn't wish for it or celebrate it but will not shed a single tear over it.  He'll be back as strong as ever.  If that's not until next year, so be it.  He really is a special payer.

I wonder though, after two significant knee injuries, if he will be as strong as ever.  
Reply/Quote
(11-02-2015, 02:09 AM)BonnieBengal Wrote: Why was St Lucie banned?  He is one of the best posters on here.

This is a valid question, what gives? 

Reply/Quote
(11-02-2015, 09:53 AM)The Real Deal Wrote: This is a valid question, what gives? 

He probably tip toed that line of common decency in p&r one too many times. I don't like when posters get banned but he was an inflammatory troll over there. He didn't play against the Steelers so I'm not sure why he should be discussed here. To those who miss him, I'm sure you won't have to wait long for another.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote