Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Steelers angry with Burfict over Bell injury
(11-02-2015, 03:35 PM)3wt Wrote: Then Mitchell tells Green, "You're next"

Classy hypocritical bunch.

Foster's just angry because Geno routinely makes him look bad.

You don't hear that crap coming out of Rothlisberger, Brown or Bryant.   You hear about it from the team jerks.

You have to wonder about the long history of Steeler db's combining to injure other Bengals players.   It seems like a trained technique for one player to set up the Bengal for a big hit.

I generally think of Tomlin as a class act, and these things go back to the Noll days so maybe it's just a player thing...

Tomlin is a walking sack of shit.  What other coach in recent memory is on tape actually trying to interfere with onfield play in physical manner?  Woody Hayes overtly attacked an opposing player and he was treated like a crazy person. The Saints coaches had a program targeting players and got the closest thing the NFL has to the death penalty.  Tomlin did it like a sneaky little chicken shit and it's like people forgot about it.  He should be marked by that decision for his entire career.
Reply/Quote
(11-02-2015, 12:21 AM)eoxyod Wrote: And they were diving at Burfict's knees the whole game sooooo....

Bingo. They were trying take out Burfict's knees before this play, so they can shut it.

Even Fouts said it was a clean tackle. Seriously, that should tell you all you need to know.
You can always trust an dishonest man to be dishonest. Honestly, it's the honest ones you have to look out for.
"Winning makes believers of us all"-Paul Brown
Reply/Quote
(11-02-2015, 06:15 PM)Bengal Dude Wrote: Bingo. They were trying take out Burfict's knees before this play, so they can shut it.

Even Fouts said it was a clean tackle. Seriously, that should tell you all you need to know.

Fouts was then even more anti-Bengals as that injury totally killed the erection he worked up from the Steelers lead
Reply/Quote
(11-02-2015, 06:17 PM)RoyleRedlegs Wrote: Fouts was then even more anti-Bengals as that injury totally killed the erection he worked up from the Steelers lead

Fouts somewhat redeemed himself when he called the Chargers game, but then burnt that to the ground yesterday. I was ready for him to run onto the field and propose to Ben.
You can always trust an dishonest man to be dishonest. Honestly, it's the honest ones you have to look out for.
"Winning makes believers of us all"-Paul Brown
Reply/Quote
(11-02-2015, 06:27 PM)Bengal Dude Wrote: Fouts somewhat redeemed himself when he called the Chargers game, but then burnt that to the ground yesterday. I was ready for him to run onto the field and propose to Ben.

You could actually hear the disappointment in his voice when Shawn Williams made the pick. He fell silent for 30 seconds. 
Reply/Quote
(11-02-2015, 01:28 AM)ZeGerman Wrote: I do. We aren't the classless steelers or their classless fans, and I hope we never are. I hate them both.

I didnt say we should act like them. I just said I don't care if he plays another down for the steelers or not. I won't rub it in their faces....but I won't care about it either.
Reply/Quote
(11-02-2015, 06:27 PM)Bengal Dude Wrote:  I was ready for him to run onto the field and propose to Ben.

I thought it would go further and he would run out on the field and beg Ben to make love to his ass!
Reply/Quote
(11-02-2015, 06:29 PM)RoyleRedlegs Wrote: You could actually hear the disappointment in his voice when Shawn Williams made the pick. He fell silent for 30 seconds. 

The same happened at the very end of the game too. Fouts was speechless
Reply/Quote
(11-02-2015, 06:29 PM)RoyleRedlegs Wrote: You could actually hear the disappointment in his voice when Shawn Williams made the pick. He fell silent for 30 seconds. 

I can only hope Lap was in an adjacent booth with thin walls.
Reply/Quote
How long until Fouts retires?

He might as well cut all pretense and just come out wearing the jersey of whoever the Bengals are playing that given day. Be proud of who you are, skeeter.
Everything in this post is my fault.
Reply/Quote
Andrew Whitworth came to the defense of his teammate today on Twitter, and Tez told me today it's sour grapes because the Steelers lost.
Beat writer for Cincinnati.com & The Enquirer. Follow along on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram and Periscope.
Reply/Quote
Burfict on Bell was a clean tackle, with unfortunate injury.
This, illustrates a different mindset..
[Image: 12208777_1107970565887428_89945040971979...e=56B8841D]
https://scontent-iad3-1.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-xpf1/v/t1.0-9/12208777_1107970565887428_8994504097197963439_n.jpg?oh=c14cbaccd2adec1d5d3dda15b0798b4c&oe=56B8841D
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(11-02-2015, 08:02 PM)eoxyod Wrote: The same happened at the very end of the game too. Fouts was speechless

I had already switched over to radio broadcast at that point.  The 15 second delay was somewhat comforting, and it definitely was better than listening to Eagle and Fouts
Reply/Quote
Anyone else hear Adam Jones talking about this subject during "bengals line" tonight on 700 wlw? They asked him about it and he said "where's the commissioner on this? Why don't he quit fining me for playing hard and start fining people for threatening other players". He then went on to say, when talking about the potential retaliation, "nothing will happen to Tez, Tez will be fine. I'll be with him".
Pretty good stuff from Jones tonight.

Reply/Quote
(11-02-2015, 11:24 PM)The Real Deal Wrote: Anyone else hear Adam Jones  talking about this subject during  "bengals line" tonight on 700 wlw? They asked him about it and he said "where's the commissioner on this? Why don't he quit fining me for playing hard and start fining people for threatening other players".  He then went on to say "nothing will happen to Tez, Tez will be fine.  I'll be with him".
Pretty good stuff from Jones tonight.

I missed that part but, to me, that was the best hour of Bengals Line ever.

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(11-02-2015, 11:35 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: I missed that part but, to me, that was the best hour of Bengals Line ever.

I totally agree. They talked about him having his own hour long radio show. That show would always have my full attention. 

Reply/Quote
Is there a link to it? I'd like to give it a listen.

But he's absolutely right. Veiled threats against other players on social media isn't a punishable offense?
Everything in this post is my fault.
Reply/Quote
(11-02-2015, 11:42 PM)Big Boss Wrote: Is there a link to it?  I'd like to give it a listen.  

But he's absolutely right.  Veiled threats against players on social media isn't a punishable offense?

I listened to it live, so I'm not sure. There may eventually be a podcast up on  700 wlw . com though.

Reply/Quote
"Ian Eagle/Dan Fouts: 39

In general, Fouts believes every single play he witnesses is incredibly significant and will alter the psyche of every player on both rosters. A six-yard gain on the first drive? "Huge." A draw play for two yards? "Puts in the minds of the Steelers defense they cannot rush Flacco." (This play occurred with five minutes left in the game.) Kickoff return? "Most exciting play in football." A great catch by a wide receiver? "Deflates the defensive line." A big hit on the quarterback? Forced a delay of game. Every play has a wide-ranging impact only Dan Fouts can foresee and comprehend."

source (not worth clicking)
http://www.sportsonearth.com/article/66008790/quantifying-the-best-and-worst-of-nfl-broadcasting

Also:
https://twitter.com/chief_walrus/status/518852660313616384

http://www.huskerboard.com/index.php?/topic/31726-dan-fouts-are-you-kidding-me/page-2

Reply/Quote
Anyone ever post a vid of Burfict celebrating?
Reply/Quote