Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Just Imagine This Group of Weapons in the Pass Game
(03-19-2021, 02:05 PM)Wes Mantooth Wrote: 1.) Ok.  But since we're talking about this year, and what we can do to improve, what OL are you targeting?

Let's remove Golloday hypothetically signing and give you back, let's say, 12 million dollars to spend on OL in FA.  Who are you signing?  Give me some names.

Let's remove my drafting of Pitts.  Who are you drafting on the OL at #5?  Is it Sewell?  Do you move Jonah inside?  Do you move Sewell inside?  What if Sewell isn't there?

2.) Before we get to the problem of having "3 pro bowlers at wide receiver" shouldn't we at least have 1?  (We have no Pro Bowl Wide Recivers right now)

Look, I understand your point.  The OL is of the utmost importance.  But I'm just trying to have a conversation about how to proceed moving forward with the current team, and with what's currently available.

There's not a lot of options a Guard right now.  Centers are all but gone.  We currently have decent two tackles signed and under contract.  So tell me how you take this money and this draft pick and build out this OL for 2021.

Pro bowl caliber* because we all know the pro bowl is a popularity contest, and players on smaller market teams get snubbed all the time. Higgins and Boyd are pro bowl caliber. I’m not worried about those 2 at all

If Sewell is gone, sure, you can draft a wr or te there. Though my best case scenario is they find a trade partner to move back with, and grab the other first round tackle people are talking about. If they pull that off, then they can move that guy to guard or Jonah to guard.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Just Imagine This Group of Weapons in the Pass Game - Frank Booth - 03-19-2021, 02:09 PM