Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Just Imagine This Group of Weapons in the Pass Game
(03-19-2021, 02:26 PM)Wes Mantooth Wrote: I think they're may be some disconnect in regards to conversation.

In a perfect world I would have already signed a guard, and a good one at that.  But we haven't signed one, and the pool of talent is looking less and less desirable by the second.

I'm not saying that plugging in a 2nd round pick at guard is ideal, I'm saying it might be ideal right now given the market.

Obviously you disagree with signing a WR and you want OL help instead.  That's fine.  I keep asking this question to Frank, and have yet to get an answer, but maybe you will...

What guard would you like us to sign right now that would prevent us from signing a decent WR?  Give me a name.

Sign? There isn't anyone left to sign.

I'd trade out of 5 unless Sewell is there. If Sewell is gone, there will be atleast one or 2 QBs left that people want.

Move down a few spots, take Slater and one G spot is filled. 

Now in the trade you better pick up a 2nd rounder. That 2nd rounder becomes Carman from Clemson who projects better at G then T.

This leaves you the other 2nd, the 3rd, 4th, 5th, 6th and two 7th's to get a WR or TE.

If you give Burrow a stout O-line, he will make those late round WR's look good. Give him time, they'll get open or he will throw them open.

The only thing he can't overcome... is a shitty O-line, and we missed the boat on the FA's that were worth getting at G. Maybe you get Turner and hope he can get it back together, but again I wouldn't want to use hope and prayer when it comes to protecting Burrow's knees.

A healthy season of Burrow is the most important thing. 

[Image: bengals08-1-800small.jpg]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Just Imagine This Group of Weapons in the Pass Game - Murdock2420 - 03-19-2021, 02:31 PM