Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
How good do you think Burrow will be in the next 3 years?
(03-21-2021, 02:37 PM)milksheikh Wrote: Going off that we hopefully protect him and he doesn’t have anymore injuries, where do you see the ceiling as for Burrow? Will he be a top 10 quarterback, top 5, top 3?

I’ve been really curious about this as I was really impressed with Burrow’s poise and leadership praise that he’s gotten already. I think we got ourselves a great one, hopefully we can protect him and get a Super Bowl win with him.

It ALL depends on last place Bengals of no play-off wins in 30 years since Paul Brown died. 

If they get Burrow in a system like LSU or Saints of many good receivers, a good running game, good blocking, THEN he will do fine. 

However if Bengals make him fit their losing system and playbook, go with just Boyd, Higgins and Mixon which is too easy to defense, do not improve the Blocking,  THEN Burrow will fail. It will be a case of Burrow being n the wrong system on the wrong team, and often Bengals are The Wrong Team. 

So it all depends on The Bengals. Do they get Burrow the needed Blocking and the needed talented receivers to go with Mixon, Boyd and Higgins ?  OR do they stay the losing Bengals of no blocking and so few offense weapons that any NFL team could cover just Mixon, Boyd and Higgins.   I am hoping Bengals are improving the blocking and also draft an elite SEC pass catcher to help open up Mixon, Boyd and Higgins in an offense with many weapons for Burrow to do his thing. There are 3 elite SEC pass catchers to choose from to have now in 2021.

It all depends on The Bengals and do they give Burrow more Blocking and more passing targets.  AJ Green and Ross were no help to Burrow in 2020, nor was the Blocking. Green and Ross gone, some Blockers gone, Bengals MUST improve in Blocking and More Receivers if Burrow is to win here.  Otherwise he was drafted by the wrong Team into the Wrong System. 

Burrow excels in an LSU or Saints offense where when Burrow drops back, he has 3 or 4 or 5 receivers to choose from. His strength is how fast he finds the open receiver, that is what he is great at. Given enough good receivers, Burrow will pick teams apart hitting the open man like basketball. In 2020 the Bengals had neither the Blocking, and not not nearly enough good receiver targets. No surprise both Burrow and Mixon got injured in such a weak offense.

Any NFL team can defense Bengals. You key on Mixon and bottle up Boyd and Higgins, and then Burrow takes a beating each play. Adding elite pass targets to Boyd and Higgins and better Blocking would change all that.
1968 Bengal Fan
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: How good do you think Burrow will be in the next 3 years? - kevin - 03-21-2021, 03:50 PM