Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Wide Receiver Josh Reynolds to Titans
(03-22-2021, 04:16 PM)jj22 Wrote: Really? 

As people now believe Herbert (the new star of the 2020 QB draft class and OROY) should have been the top pick?

Remember the need for oline help last offseason that lead to a 4th or was it 5th round pick?

Remember everyone pointing to Burrow not going to make it through the season after week 2 just to see the end result we all knew was coming?

If this wasn't failing Burrow, I'd hate to see your idea of what would be.

Looking around to see what teams did for their young star qb's and it's hard not to see the failure unfortunately.

Really? Yes, really.

Only a few people say the Bengals made the wrong choice. More common is the idea that Miami made the mistake. Most would still take Burrow over Herbert, myself included. They were neck and neck when JB went down.

40% was the change from 2019 to 2020. Jonah’s first year at LT. And the move from Miller (signed for Mixon’s sake) to XSF (signed for JB’s sake). Team felt okay with Trey and Hart (and that was mostly correct despite the inordinate amount hate Hart gets) They expected Jordan would continue on the end-of-year improvement he showed in 2019 (not an unrealistic expectation). By week 2, that was blown up. XSF went down and MJ declined (significantly). Then came more injuries and the constant shuffling of the lineup (my main beef with Turner). It’s what we ended up (disaster) not what was destined (an improved line).

This year we have a better coach, one solid FA tackle and likely one FA guard to go along with a Day 1 or Day 2 starting capable rookie. That’s not what failure looks like to me.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Wide Receiver Josh Reynolds to Titans - CoachGeorge - 03-22-2021, 05:31 PM