Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Do Bengal players read this forum?
(03-22-2021, 02:35 PM)George Cantstandya Wrote: Yeah that won't happen.  It would probably have to be watched by the mods every minute and heavily moderated.  That said, if the mods were up to it and EB was okay with it as well knowing there would be some trolling, that would be cool.  Of course one thing that could also be negative is that she would have to make an account here to join with an email.  I'm not sure she would be willing to do so unless she used a throw away email or maybe Holic could make an account just for her to use without submitting personal identifying info.  But it would involve a certain amount of trust between her and the people that run this message board to make it happen.

And as things that have been brought up before, social media seems to be the easiest way to be heard these days.  Message boards/forums are quickly becoming irrelevant.  So I'm not even sure it would be worth her time.

EB seems pretty interested in fan connection, but I'm pretty sure most of the work is done by other people on her team and not her.  I don't know that she'd want to get tangled up in posts on here.  Also, and no offense to her because we'd all do it in her shoes, but she'd just cherry pick questions and give stock answers.  We wouldn't get any kind of special insider information.  

Now what WAS cool was when Jim O would pop in.  He did have some insider scoop at times and it was nice to get his candid thoughts.  

But as most have mentioned, Twitter has really taken over that kind of space.  Any of us could ask a quick answer there of PDJ (or submit for his podcast or to any of the other personalities) and get a faster answer than someone coming to read 100 posts that go on tangents about pizza and arcade games and player girlfriends.  I can say for myself if I'm not on here for 2-3 days, the number of new threads and posts can get overwhelming if I really want to keep up.  I also like the breakdowns (and the tangents) which is why I prefer the forum medium over Twitter or any other quick and dirty social media.  But it's a niche space for sure, and I can't imagine many players, family or friends are cruising here on a super regular basis unless they've got some beef and a place to air it out. 
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Do Bengal players read this forum? - MileHighGrowler - 03-22-2021, 07:05 PM