Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Are the Bengals better today than before free agency
(03-23-2021, 02:33 PM)Au165 Wrote: Couple things...

XSF played better than Spain last year, so switching back to him full time makes us better slightly assuming Jordan is a constant.

AJ Green performed below replacement level last year, so one could literally argue having AJ in versus almost anyone was worse last year.

The other thing worth mentioning is that everyone we added has playoff experience which matters in trying to get a young team over the hump. I think it's tough to say we are better or worse yet without knowing more about the plan as a whole. I get the feeling on defense specifically we will be better because a zone blitzing zone scheme similar to Pittsburgh may be in the plan, and in that case I think I like the personnel.

This, plus Geno was non-existent last year and so was our pass rush. So getting LO and moving him to his proper spot, 3-tech
and adding a DE that can actually get to the QB is huge. We had 17 sacks last season as a team. These 2 guys had 16 on their
own. I know I have argued that sacks aren't everything but those are still baffling numbers.

Also, who knows if getting Awuzie, a Zone Corner will be an upgrade over a WJ3 who was only good in Man.

Hilton some have argued is better than Alexander even if I really hated losing him.

Reiff is clearly better than Hart and it opens up the Draft, this signing made everything much better. Add a Guard and another
End and I think this has been a fine FA that can be made even better with a good to great Draft.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Are the Bengals better today than before free agency - Nate (formerly eliminate08) - 03-23-2021, 02:41 PM