Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Are the Bengals better today than before free agency
(03-23-2021, 02:44 PM)Fulcher_33 Wrote: That's my point. If you (in general) don't understand it that's fine, but to point to ONE piece of data and conclude your opinion on that, that's shallow.

NFL uses their metrics, but I can assure you (knowing actual people within organizations) it's a small piece of the metrics and analytics used by teams.

I also knowing people in organizations around the league through my connections with EA, can tell you MANY actually do use them in larger pieces than people think. I guess, as they say, it matters who you know? 

Either way, it gives people some sort of context to discussing play on the field they don't understand which is why they discuss it often. I'd prefer people point to that then talk about schemes and techniques they don't understand. You know how many times people say, "I don't need PFF I have my eyes" then proceed to say things that are 100% inaccurate to the actual football world?
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Are the Bengals better today than before free agency - Au165 - 03-23-2021, 02:48 PM