Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Are the Bengals better today than before free agency
(03-23-2021, 08:40 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Just from a broad perspective, I'm going to say that the Bengals are better now than before free agency.

On Defense, they got younger and picked up guys that are more scheme specific.  None of the corners are "headliners", but they are all good zone corners, while they guys they replaced were stronger in press man.  Some call Hendrickson for Lawson a wash, but I call it a slight upgrade.  Hendrickson is a finisher that plays to the whistle, remains patient when the play isn't his from the jump.  Ogungubi is younger and has shown that he can get sacks, his run defense is lacking, hopefully he's used appropriately in rotation to get the most of what he offers.

Offensively, the OL improved slightly with Reiff over Hart, signing Spain back could also prove beneficial with a new OL coach, and a full offeseason for Spain to gel with the unit before games begin.  I see the Bengals drafting OL in 2 of the first 3 picks.  Losing Green and Erickson, while only signing back Mike Thomas is a bit alarming, but I still hold out that they are going to sign a decent veteran role player to fill the void.  Maybe Kenny Stills or Chris Conley would be nice.  Still, I see the Bengals drafting 2 WR in this draft, just maybe not early.  Backfield didn't really need much attention, but signing Perine back was a plus, in my opinion.
Spot on! 
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Are the Bengals better today than before free agency - sandwedge - 03-23-2021, 08:51 PM