Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Are the Bengals better today than before free agency
(03-24-2021, 03:38 AM)NATI BENGALS Wrote: I just posted this in another thread but I see that it belongs here.

Every year is a new year. We had a bunch of cap space because contracts were ending and those players were no longer on the roster. We lost one of the highest paid WRs in the league who was not even close to worth it for the price. A disgruntled DE who was expensive. An injured aging undersized phenom DT who was expensive. A 5th year rookie contract option 10mil CB who landed the biggest CB payday this free agency.

Yea we didn't get Thuney and we didn't keep Lawson who looks really promising. But man. This is really obvious stuff a lot of you are just totally disregarding.

We are way better. We have filled most of the major holes caused by our players hitting free agency. Money that was spent on guys like AJ, Geno, Dunlap, Hart, and Finney last year is now invested in multiple talented newcomers with lots of upside.
I agree, I think we're better.  How much better though is the question. 

If we're able to bring in Turner for the OL and bring in Kerrigan on the DL then I'd say were significantly improved. 

So much so that if Zac has a losing season or Lou's defense is ranked in the 20s both need fired and replaced going into 2022. 
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Are the Bengals better today than before free agency - TJ528 - 03-24-2021, 09:37 AM