Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Are the Bengals better today than before free agency
(03-23-2021, 08:54 PM)mikey6866 Wrote: While I agree were most likely going to improve it's because we're getting starters back from injury and burrow has a year under his belt now not some magical front office maneuvers.

The front 7 on d is in better shape than oline.  We are still very desperate for oline help.  Reiff is on one year deal so we still need to draft 3 interior guys and a tackle.  That could be a serviceable oline with at least some depth if we are able to hit on the picks.  

Definitely agree that part of the value of Reiff is that he let's us draft a tackle and ease them into playing instead of throwing them to the wolves immediately their rookie year. 

I think there should be an opportunity to draft an interior oline player as well, I dunno about 3 though. Just to review, we currently have under contract potential starters Quinton Spain, Trey Hopkins, and Xavier Su'a-Filo, and potential backups Hakeem Adeniji, Billy Price, Michael Jordan, and Fred Johnson. At most you are keeping 6 and we hope some of those guys have progressed with another year of experience and training camp under their belt. 

You are right though, we need to hit on the draft picks we do make for this team to prosper in the future. 

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Are the Bengals better today than before free agency - BoomerFan - 03-24-2021, 10:30 AM