Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
PFF pass block comparison - Bengals OL vs Bucs OL
(04-16-2021, 01:48 PM)Joelist Wrote: The only thing I would quibble with is the “Spain bad” thing - it is stuff like this that causes doubt as to the usefulness of PFF.

We have stats posted here in at least three threads all showing the same thing - Spain did good for us and when we finally had him and XSF at the guard spots a lot of the nonsense going on with the blocking stopped. The biggest issues on the line were MJ and Redmond. Even Hart looked better when we had XSF-Spain manning the Guard spots.

You know who's opinion I value more than yours or PFF's?  Professional scouts for NFL teams.

Every team saw the film on Spain from last year, yet we were able to sign him for basically league minimum ($1.1 million).  If he was any good at all he would have gotten a lot more than that.

The Bills had given him a decent contract (3 year $15 million), but they cut him.  He must have played well at some point to get that deal, but he also must look like shit now to professional NFL scouts.

No way in hell am I counting on a vet we signed for league minimum to be very good for us.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: PFF pass block comparison - Bengals OL vs Bucs OL - fredtoast - 04-16-2021, 01:55 PM