Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
PFF pass block comparison - Bengals OL vs Bucs OL
(04-16-2021, 02:50 PM)Au165 Wrote: If you are an analytics guy, not sure if you are, Barrett was REALLY good in limited snaps in Denver. You mention starts, but he appeared in almost every game in 4 out of the 5 years there as an important rotational player. He played 45%/36%/58%/26% (Injured) of defensive snaps while in Denver and was ultra-productive on a disruption per snap basis. 

My point is pretty simple, guys get passed over. There will be guys who are on the market right now in FA, that no one wants, who will end up on a roster and be productive starters next year. As I said, Spain playing multiple positions because we had no one else and moved him to plug holes didn't bode well for his success. We will see how it goes but I think he can be a serviceable player here.

Again... he was a rotational piece that was my point. And you proved it. He went to a new system, new coaches and saw the field at an extremely higher rate and was amazing.

You compared that type of situation to Spain.

Who was a full time starter... lost his job. Came here, became a full time starter and didn't become an Pro Bowler in a new scheme when handed a full time job again. 

Spain isn't over-looked. He is what he is. A decent guy to have on the line but a guy that you can easily upgrade over. Barrett was misused and underused (you're own numbers show that) and then he got his chance and showed what he could do. 

[Image: bengals08-1-800small.jpg]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: PFF pass block comparison - Bengals OL vs Bucs OL - Murdock2420 - 04-16-2021, 03:06 PM