Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
PFF pass block comparison - Bengals OL vs Bucs OL
(04-17-2021, 12:55 AM)Shake n Blake Wrote: I feel no differently looking at this. For one, pass blocking is only half the issue. How did these guys grade out in run blocking compared to Tampa? Secondly, the left side of TB's line was way better than ours at pass blocking. Am I supposed to want a bad line because TB won a SB with pretty bad pass blocking on the right side?

In the end, this is no different than if I brought up New England winning titles with a pretty poor group of WRs.

Tampa Bay was 28th in the league in rushing yards, 29th in attempts.
The Bengals ran more and got more yardage than TB. 17th in attempts, 24th in yardage.
I didn't include the run blocking grades because both offenses were more focused around the passing game.

But since you asked about the run blocking grades, here they are.

TB:
Wirfs - 77.8
Marpet - 80.7
Jensen - 73.2
Smith - 72.5
Cappa - 62.7

CIN:
Williams - 53.4
Hopkins - 62.1
Reiff - 60.8
XSF - 52.1
Spain - 62.4

There is a hope that Pollack will help boost the run game, but he may not be able to turn water into wine.
If this offense wants to be more balanced or even run-heavy, they probably have to revamp the OL completely, as none of the current projected starters are really that good at run blocking.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: PFF pass block comparison - Bengals OL vs Bucs OL - ochocincos - 04-17-2021, 12:17 PM