Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
PFF pass block comparison - Bengals OL vs Bucs OL
(04-17-2021, 12:17 PM)ochocincos Wrote: Tampa Bay was 28th in the league in rushing yards, 29th in attempts.
The Bengals ran more and got more yardage than TB. 17th in attempts, 24th in yardage.
I didn't include the run blocking grades because both offenses were more focused around the passing game.

But since you asked about the run blocking grades, here they are.

TB:
Wirfs - 77.8
Marpet - 80.7
Jensen - 73.2
Smith - 72.5
Cappa - 62.7

CIN:
Williams - 53.4
Hopkins - 62.1
Reiff - 60.8
XSF - 52.1
Spain - 62.4

There is a hope that Pollack will help boost the run game, but he may not be able to turn water into wine.
If this offense wants to be more balanced or even run-heavy, they probably have to revamp the OL completely, as none of the current projected starters are really that good at run blocking.

Appreciate the honesty. I feel people focus too much on pass blocking or just keeping Burrow healthy, and not enough on the run game benefits of a better line. We paid Mixon a ton of money. If we don't also invest in our line, that just won't make sense to me. A good line helps everything.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: PFF pass block comparison - Bengals OL vs Bucs OL - Shake n Blake - 04-17-2021, 04:50 PM