Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
PFF pass block comparison - Bengals OL vs Bucs OL
(04-17-2021, 06:14 PM)ochocincos Wrote: I don't think the running game will ever get good enough to justify paying a RB $12 mill a year, at least not with this coaching staff.

I think many of us said last year that the Bengals would have been better off using the money they spent on tagging Green and extending Mixon instead on an OL or two.

Those who said that were right about Green, and could end up being right about Mixon. I don't blame Mixon, but you don't give that much money to a RB and not prioritize the running game.

Personally, I've never been big on paying big $ to skill position players. I'd rather focus on finding an elite QB (I think we have one) and building the trenches. I know people get tired of hearing that, but it seems - historically - that the best teams usually have an elite QB and a good o-line. When you have those, the rest just seems to fall in place.

Suddenly that 4th round RB you drafted is rushing for 1k yards on 5 yards/tote...due to the solid blocking and the good QB making teams pay for cheating up. Suddenly you can shift good-not-elite WR's in and out without having to throw a ton of money at anybody. You can invest more in your defense.

But, as it stands, we have paid Mixon. That signals a commitment to the run, so we may as well not have our corvette driving on dirt roads.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: PFF pass block comparison - Bengals OL vs Bucs OL - Shake n Blake - 04-17-2021, 10:08 PM