Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
PFF pass block comparison - Bengals OL vs Bucs OL
(04-17-2021, 11:30 PM)Burma Wrote: That has hardly been touched on in the debate for 5. Mixon is making $48 mill, that is a solid investment. Is Mixon the focus of the offense or is Burrow slinging it the focus?  It used to be that you leaned on the run to help a young QB.  Has the league changed so much that this line of thinking is obsolete? I really don't know.  I am not able now to look up the RBs for successful rookie QBs right now.

Hardly anyone talks about solid o-line helping the run game just as much as the pass game, either. People have claimed the death of running in the NFL for a long time, but I still think it's crucial.

Teams like Pittsburgh and Tampa got away with weak run games last year, so people might point to that as evidence that the league is trending that way, but Pittsburgh wound up falling apart last year. Tampa has Tom, which is apparently all you need.

That said, other dominant teams like the Packers, Saints, Ravens, Browns and Titans were all top 8 in rushing. So I'd say it's still very important to at least have balance with your offense. Unless you have Tom Brady.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: PFF pass block comparison - Bengals OL vs Bucs OL - Shake n Blake - 04-18-2021, 12:19 AM