Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Is Collinsworth underrated as a Bengals great?
(04-23-2021, 08:21 AM)Sled21 Wrote: Collinsworth was a really good receiver who does not get his due. He was as solid as they come. I'd have him at 4th or 5th on the Bengals all time. Plus, he played on Astroturf, which for you young un's was basically green plastic grass over concrete. I'm actually surprised anyone who played a position where they got tackled had any longevity back then.

in the 80's my 2 favorite receivers were Collinsworth and Eddie Brown.  Throw in Tim McGee and Rodney Holman and you had a dangerous receiving corp.  I do agree that I think the turf back then really took the longevity of a lot of these guys careers because they were basically playing on green painted blacktop pavement.  That stuff sucked back in the day I remember playing on it.  

I think Collinsworth is good enough to some day get into the ROH, but I don't think it'll be for awhile because there's so many other players who should've been in the ring before him.  
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Is Collinsworth underrated as a Bengals great? - TJ528 - 04-23-2021, 09:13 AM