Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
I Prefer the Old Draft (For the older members)
(04-23-2021, 10:26 PM)Murdock2420 Wrote: One of my favorite draft moments of old was when it was round 7 and they are drafting guys and you could tell all the announcers had no idea who the guy picked was and just all turned to Mel who instantly had the info for the pick.

I miss the old Mel though, when he talked about the players and what their strengths were and what they would bring to a team, back before he was a know it all and started saying teams made the wrong choice and being kind of a giant dick about it.

Going really old school, like back to my youth, the draft wasn't even televised.  I can clearly remember being 10-11 years old, and having to wait for the Monday paper to read who the Bengals drafted.  Of course back then, we had no idea who most of the players were.  There was no cable, we got 3 or 4 TV stations, they typically only aired regional CFB games, aside from the traditional rivalries and ND games and such.  So we'd see a player from a place like Grand Valley State was drafted by some team, and be like "Who?".
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: I Prefer the Old Draft (For the older members) - SunsetBengal - 04-23-2021, 10:37 PM