Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Anybody want to.discuss the current state of the LBers?
(04-25-2021, 05:44 PM)Synric Wrote: Linebacker is one of those positions it takes 3 years and it didnt help the Bengals interior line struggled in alot of different aspects like getting off blocks and even playing the correct gaps. Early in the season was the worst several times you seen 2 or even 3 players trying to fill the same gap. Germaine Pratt in 2019 was one of the best run stopping LBers when he was starting but had issues in Pass Defense. In 2020 he was one of the worst run stopping linebackers and took a step forward in Pass defense.

Germaine Pratt and Logan Wilson had some really nice bright spots and I liked how Lou worked his rookie linebackers into the lineup on 3rd down no matter the down and distance. ADG started out slow which was expected because he had never actually played traditional linebacker but ended the season on a high note.

Im looking forward to seeing how the young guys progress especially if the Defensive Line in front of them plays better.

You wrote what I was going to type out better with more time to do it.

They drafted 3 last year. They played with a below average revolving door we had to call a D line. I feel like they DO need another LB, but that can happen after the draft and cuts occur. I don’t want another young player drafted to play D there. A special teams guy drafted late is just fine though.

Wait and see how Wilson and Gaither progress this year before investing another early pick at that spot.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Anybody want to.discuss the current state of the LBers? - Gdale_Bengal - 04-26-2021, 08:14 AM