Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Anybody want to.discuss the current state of the LBers?
(04-26-2021, 03:54 PM)PDub80 Wrote: LB is the 3rd most impactful line of defense. Literally the LEAST most important according to PFF analytics. To dump high end resources into that spot makes little sense compared to D line & Secondary.

In a traditional 3-4 defense, sure, they matter a lot because they are moving pieces within that defensive structure, but the Bengals run hybrid defensive schemes. I'm not worried about LB at all. I like that they have invested in 4 guys with relatively high and mid round picks. Baily is the one I am looking at for an impactful role coming up. he was a projected 2nd rounder before he was injured in 2019.

Well Steelers and Ravens have feasted on us with LBS.. they have been a core of their Defense over the past 10 years.. Also TB had excellent LB play that lead to a super bowl.  Finally i am not surprised that our defense started slipping as our LB play went south to worst in league.. Finally with increase in QBs in play action and RPOs LBs are being exposed and a solid core is needed
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Anybody want to.discuss the current state of the LBers? - Essex Johnson - 04-26-2021, 06:56 PM