Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
WHICH IS MORE IMPORTANT, DRAFT DAY or GAME DAY ?
I can tell you why I asked now that some answers.

I lived through Bengal Bungles of 1990s and fans began focusing on next draft at start of seasons, which never happened in the 1980's Bengals years or even 1970's Bengals years. Since Marvin's last seasons and Zacs first seasons, I have seen fans back to talking draft on first game of season. Some want Bengals to lose every game to get Pick 1. Some want Bengals to lose every game for 2 years because they look that far ahead on college players.

I'm guessing that teams that win most seasons have fans that would never consider wanting losing seasons to set up draft day. I'm also guessing fans of teams use to losing a lot, just forget Super Bowl and winning and their Big Day is draft day. This may be why losing fans want to lose every year to set up draft. They feel the Super Bowl is so out of reach, they make draft day their big day.

So it is possible fans of winning teams talk about winning, and fans of a team with no play-off wins in 30 years talk about draft day and losing on purpose to get higher picks. I just wanted to see if any Bengals fans still care about game day, or are they already seeing some college dude that they want to lose every game in 2021 to get in 2022.
1968 Bengal Fan
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: WHICH IS MORE IMPORTANT, DRAFT DAY or GAME DAY ? - kevin - 04-27-2021, 04:40 PM