Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Anybody want to.discuss the current state of the LBers?
(04-27-2021, 07:29 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Kind of figured Wilson would be the one the FO has the most high hopes for but actually I think both ADG and Bailey have
just as high of ceilings IMO. ADG is the most raw and as the game slows down for him and we blitz him more I think he could
be a gamechanger. He also has speed when he isn't confused like he was as a rookie. Bailey is a playmaker when healthy.

Wilson I thought would be the more solid LB early which was the case last year, but he came around even faster than I thought
with his instincts and making plays. I think we might be alright, Pratt was the disappointment for me last year as I thought he 
would of been our breakout Defensive player. Kind of hard on the LB's when you have pretty much completely backup DT's 
playing in front of them all season.

Linebackers feed off how DL fill gaps to free them up. Hasn't been good play in this aspect for a couple years and before that 
we had the worst LB core in the NFL when we had Vigil, Preston and Evans starting. Burfict was our last good LB and he was 
bad his last year here, real bad.
Well said ! It pretty much sums up my thoughts on them exactly. I like the points made about ADG, especially considering the small school he came from and draft position. In hindsight, perhaps the experience he was forced into can turn out to be a blessing in disguise for his development.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Anybody want to.discuss the current state of the LBers? - Dr.Z - 04-27-2021, 10:20 PM