Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
ESPN Thinks Evans Could Have Been A Day 2 Pick!
(05-09-2021, 09:18 AM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: I am also all-but-positive that Chris Evans is not a better ball carrier than Gio was. Gio in college (23 games):
423/2,481(5.9)25 rushing, 92/852(9.3)/6 receiving

I subscribe to a newsletter from and they mentioned Evans as a ball carrier (as well as the reasons why I like him:

Quote:4. CIN - Chris Evans a fit on third downs?

Source: Pro Football Focus - Michael Renner
Cincinnati Bengals RB Chris Evans averaged 9.8 yards per receptions in collegiate career and Michigan and had two drops on 51 catchable passes, according to Pro Football Focus.
[ [ [ [ [ [ [ [ [ FOOTBALLGUYS VIEW ] ] ] ] ] ] ] ] ]
Evans is a hard-charging running back. He is tough between the tackles but where he could do the most damage in the pros is the passing game. We'll see if the team can use Evans effectively as a receiver out of the backfield. There's some Rex Burkhead (a former Bengals RB himself) to Evans' game.

Gio was a different kind of runner and might have been better in the open field, but I think Evans is better between the tackles (where we won't need him much).

I don't think Evans is better than Gio (not yet, at least), but I also think he's different than Gio and could fit better with what we do here.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: ESPN Thinks Evans Could Have Been A Day 2 Pick! - BFritz21 - 05-09-2021, 03:59 PM