Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
ESPN Thinks Evans Could Have Been A Day 2 Pick!
(05-09-2021, 03:59 PM)BFritz21 Wrote: I subscribe to a newsletter from and they mentioned Evans as a ball carrier (as well as the reasons why I like him:

Gio was a different kind of runner and might have been better in the open field, but I think Evans is better between the tackles (where we won't need him much).

I don't think Evans is better than Gio (not yet, at least), but I also think he's different than Gio and could fit better with what we do here.

I can't find it anymore, but a couple years back I believe it was ESPN that used to have stats that showed RB numbers based on the direction of the run. Outside Left, Left, Mid, Right, Outside Right or something like that. Giovani Bernard was better running between the tackles than outside of them according to it. His whole strength as a runner was vision and ability to use blockers extremely well. He did do damage on the outside as pass catcher, or when they ran a real good pulling play with the OL, but he was legit running between the tackles.

I think Gio just got overshadowed because while he was good between the tackles, the Bengals kept taking 230lb RBs in Hill and Mixon so they got the bulk of the between-the-tackle work.

[Image: andrew-whitworth-with-a-nice-block-on-aj...-catch.gif]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: ESPN Thinks Evans Could Have Been A Day 2 Pick! - TheLeonardLeap - 05-10-2021, 07:22 AM