Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Could the German Market be big for the Bengals?
(06-10-2021, 04:12 PM)Deacon Wrote: I've generally known the German people to be highly concerned with status. Qualifications, certifications, many have countless advanced degrees and it's not considered boasting to be proud of those acclaims. That said, I have to think the common perception would be that we're not really a team worth following.

I'd *like* it if there were some international support for our boys due to the city's German roots, but I just wouldn't describe Germans as particularly sentimental.

Not to say there aren't some that might be interested purely for sentimental reasons. I just think the general perception is that they're getting the Bengals because we're too poor off to buck the whims of the League. Especially in light of how often we've already played in the UK.

It's funny you say that.  I spent 9 months working for a small company headquartered in Germany.  I couldn't spend another minute there.  The egos were terrifying.  Hollodero would be pleased to know I much prefer the Austrian personality and quite frankly even the beer (outside of Bavaria, perhaps).  I spent 4 months in Austria during college and loved it.  The people especially were so nice.  I was in Germany a couple of years ago for 3 weeks with that company and was dying to go home.  The only saving grace of that trip was the weekend I drove into France to visit extended family I'd never met.  THAT was hospitality like none other. 

Australia would be intriguing, but I think the travel would be a challenge.  They'd almost need a second bye week I'd think to make it happen given the rigid schedules they have during the season.  I do love the thought of expanding the market and gaining more fans globally, though.  American Football is just one of those sports that's not gotten the global foothold or interest that other sports have.  
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread