Poll: Who makes the biggest impact in 2021?
Trey Hendrickson
Trae Waynes
Mike Hilton
Chidobe Awuzie
Riley Reiff
Larry Ogunjobi
[Show Results]

Note: This is a public poll, other users will be able to see what you voted for.
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Which Free Agent will make the biggest impact?
(07-04-2021, 03:32 PM)GreenCornBengal Wrote: I feel like you mean 3rd. WJ3 was #2 when Kirkpatrick was here and played well. Darius Phillips has been a good #2 despite the hate around here from some. Once you get to 3rd cb it’s been scrubs off the street and guys that should be on practice squads.

No, sir. I definitely meant CB2.

- Adam Jones & WJ3 were primarily the CB1s over the 7 years or so. Dre Kirk was CB1 for a season (WJ3 rookie year) or two (spot duty) at most. He was an extreme liability his time in Cincinnati, IMO, ranking horrifically low in CB production and PFF ratings. Literally a bottom 20 season in the entire league several times. In old threads I used to link the data showing him being hot garbage all the time.

Watching Dre K get picked on time and time again was tough to take as a fan. The Steelers threw at him, what, 9 straight times in a MNF game to come back and score to beat the Bengals at home. I was there. It happened right in front of me and it was appalling. They either got a big gain or a penalty (holding & PI). It was pitiful.

- Philips is tough to figure out. He has shown a great ability to make plays on the ball - and then sometimes he is just lost on a big play. I think he has a ton of potential and was excited when the Bengals drafted him. His ability to stay healthy is what's been his weakness. On the field, really like it when he plays.

Last year, with all of the injuries at CB, the CB2 was a revolving door of trash. Total liability. I'm eager to see how a combination of 2 avg to above avg CBs hold up over a season. I feel like the Bengals were trotting out this kind of CB tandem over the years...

Previously
BEST CASE SCENARIO
CB1: Rates a 4 out of 5
CB2: Rates a 2 out of 5
CB3: Rates a 3 out of 5

WORST CASE SCENARIO
CB1: 3/5
CB2: 3/5
CB3: 3/5

^ I think the 3 predicted starters at CB have a higher ceiling than what the Bengals had been getting in previous years. At worst, though, I think they are all around better across the field. And, they tackle much much better with Hilton being an outstanding weapon in blitz packages.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Which Free Agent will make the biggest impact? - PDub80 - 07-05-2021, 10:00 AM