Poll: Who makes the biggest impact in 2021?
Trey Hendrickson
Trae Waynes
Mike Hilton
Chidobe Awuzie
Riley Reiff
Larry Ogunjobi
[Show Results]

Note: This is a public poll, other users will be able to see what you voted for.
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Which Free Agent will make the biggest impact?
(07-05-2021, 11:05 AM)Essex Johnson Wrote: I agree Reiff is a better tackle but at his age that has narrowed.  For example last year from what I could find.. Reiff was ranking 37th and Hart was ranking 40th, so he is coming to us at a different stage in his career if we got him in his 20s, it would have been a major upgrade.  I picked Hendrickson since he is in him prime, coming off an outstanding 2020 season plus gives us something Lawson lacked, run stopping DE also. 

I think where Reiff stands out well is in the pass blocking? I thought I had seen a stat where he had an excellent rating in a category like that where Hart had a massive deficiency? I could be misremembering that. Also, Harts bad plays were BAAAAAAD  levels of bad. Time will tell on Reiff and him being a major upgrade.

Looking at basic PFF charts on each player: Hart had 3 penalties & 4 sacks last year (I had seen a stat previously where Hart gave up a ton of pressures - but, if I recall, Mike Jordan was the worst linemen in football for sacks and pressures given up). Reiff had 1 sack & 1 penalty... and played 130 more snaps than Hart.

I agree that Hendrickson was a great signing. I was really really excited about him after the interview Kat Terrell, who covers the Saints, did on Hear That Podcast Growlin where she said he didn't get a fair shake in NO even though he looked great in practice as a rookie due to the Saints being more vested in other players and them wanting to give those guys every opportunity to shine. And once the Saints realized what they had, it was too late due to their salary cap hell.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Which Free Agent will make the biggest impact? - PDub80 - 07-05-2021, 11:17 AM