Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Two Amazing Stats About Dalton
(11-06-2015, 04:59 PM)djs7685 Wrote: That's a bit misleading.

It's not just Andy, and it's not just Cam.

If a QB is a dual threat player, you often get into their rushing ability as a reason why they're great/good/not good or whatever the argument is. You don't really talk much about rushing yards, TDs, and whatnot with guys that aren't that type of QB. It is however, acceptable to bring up total TDs, but it "means more" to a lot of people when it's not a bunch of QB sneaks from the 1 after the guy doesn't rush for anything on the drive beforehand. Brady's TD sneaks are less impressive than Kaepernick's scrambles, but we all know who is clearly the better QB.

If we were discussing Russell Wilson vs Matt Ryan, you may want to bring up Wilson's ability on the ground that makes up for his lack of what Ryan has in the arm, but it's not trying to say that Ryan's rushing stats should be totally disregarded, just that they don't mean as much when it's likely just some QB sneaks from the 1 for his rushing TDs.

Andy is a bit different now because last year and also this year he has shown some ability on the ground that is somewhat impressive.

Let's not pretend that Andy's rushing ability was worth bringing up against Cam back when those arguments happened (around 2011-2013).

I get that, but that doesn't mean that Dalton's (roughly) 200 yards and 2-4 TD's should be disregarded. While he's not exactly a "dual threat", let's not pretend that Dalton hasn't helped this team with his legs. Numerous times.

Comparing Dalton's rush skills to those of Brady and Ryan isn't exactly fair or accurate. Heck, Brady just had his first rushing TD in like 4-5 years. Dalton has 13 (?) in his 4.5 year career.

Btw, Dalton (despite the 2 TD's) is having the worst rushing season of his career. I think he's averaging around 1.4 ypc.

(11-06-2015, 07:52 PM)Johnny Cupcakes Wrote: I don't really think anyone has said to disregard his rushing stats...only that they were not typically included in the TD:INT ratio stat.

I saw things a bit differently, probably because we were on opposite ends of the Andy debate. Dalton's rush stats were usually met with a shrug. 

Heck, DJS is kinda doing that right now by suggesting that Dalton rush stats weren't relevant to any Dalton vs Newton/Kaep debates.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Two Amazing Stats About Dalton - Shake n Blake - 11-07-2015, 01:11 AM
RE: Two Amazing Stats About Dalton - Froob - 11-08-2015, 12:35 PM