Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Two Amazing Stats About Dalton
(11-07-2015, 01:11 AM)Shake n Blake Wrote: Heck, DJS is kinda doing that right now by suggesting that Dalton rush stats weren't relevant to any Dalton vs Newton/Kaep debates.

I mean, I'm not trying to say they aren't relevant at all, just not the best thing to bring up in an Andy debate is what I'm saying. You usually want to focus on the pocket passing of Andy or Brady while you usually shift to the rushing ability of a Cam or Wilson to discuss their strength that makes up for what they lack where Andy/Brady thrive.

Outside of a handful of read option plays (that were pretty sick btw) in 2014, Andy hasn't impressed much with his rushing, but I won't hold that against him. It's hard to put exactly what I'm trying to say into words, but I feel like you know what I mean. When you talk about Cam you have to bring up his athletic ability on the ground because that makes up a huge part of his game. Andy's few sneaks for TDs don't give me a boner because (mostly other than 2014) he isn't running around much otherwise unless he's forced to.

To use 2 QBs that I'm not a fan of at all for an example, I just think Colin Kaepernick's rushing yards and TDs seem weighed at a different amount than Eli Manning's if you're discussing which QB is better. Also, whether any of us think it's fair or not, dual threat QBs can have more mediocre than usual passing stats and still be considered pretty good due to their other skills they bring to the table. I'm a big fan of the classic pocket passer myself, but I do believe RW and Cam are both great QBs.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Two Amazing Stats About Dalton - djs7685 - 11-07-2015, 01:29 AM
RE: Two Amazing Stats About Dalton - Froob - 11-08-2015, 12:35 PM