Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Run Blocking and Runners Looked Weak To Me
(08-15-2021, 01:42 PM)CardCounterChris Wrote: I think you can't take much away from preseason games in "We can't run block" or "We can't run".  Preseason is this weird mix of starters and backups, and then works down the depth chart.  I think the better way to view preseason is through individual accomplishments. Joe Mixon had 1 attempt for 3 yards.  The line was cycling pretty heavily.  None of that is indicative of what we will see through the season.

I think that my impressions are that we have good depth at RB.  I think Evans will be able to fill a similar role to what Gio did last season.  Patrick looked really good and may challenge Perine in the near future.

I liked the blocking a lot better than last year, but it still needs work.  Most of the major issues I saw on the line came from Vogel, who honestly is a camp body.  I was impressed with Reiff's ability to get wide on the Chase screen.  I think our rookies are going to need time to develop.  Price looked better than expected, but I still don't trust him.

Our defense looked really good.  Ossai impressed.  Hendrickson had a good first drive.  In the second half, Bachie impressed and looks like he could become a depth piece.

For players that looked like they had no business being on the field:
Tony Brown- He was being exploited so hard I couldn't even tell you what other CBs were on the field with him.  Him being on the field hindered everyone else from being able to shine.
Mike Thomas- Still has fumble issues, at best would be our WR5, I'm partial to Stanley Morgan in that spot, although Irwin could compete for that spot if he wasn't being thrown balls by....
Kyle Shurmur- Just cut him now.  Camp body isn't even accurate.  If something did force us to play him....fingers crossed it never happens....we'd go sign someone else anyway.  Hard to evaluate anything from the offense in the second half he was so bad.
Vogel- Undrafted rookie tackle that didn't play well at all.  Nothing really good to comment about him.  But its not as if we had high hopes for him coming in.  Maybe he can improve on the practice squad being young...

Don't forget Sutherland.

Dude sucks and is a penalty machine.
[Image: 51209558878_91a895e0bb_m.jpg]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Run Blocking and Runners Looked Weak To Me - BengalsRocker - 08-15-2021, 01:50 PM