Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bengals not expecting to sign Bates to an extension at this time
(08-16-2021, 01:23 PM)Southpaw Frerotte Wrote:  if I give you Reader, how exactly does 1 top free agent signing in the last 30 years qualify as Mike Brown having a history of signing top free agents again?  

1.  You don't have to "give" me anything.  I just posted proof that over the last two seasons the Bengals have signed 3 top level free agents.

2.  Impossible to debate with someone who moves the goalposts every time they get proven wrong.  Your back peddling as hard as you can from "NEVER signed a top free agent" to talking about "history".  History doesn't mean anything once it changes.  For years I heard fans cry about how Mike Brown would NEVER use a first round pick on a TE.  Then he did it twice in 4 years.  Then Mike Brown would NEVER use a first round pick on an interior offensive lineman but now he has done it twice in the last decade.

You were 100% wrong about Mike Brown never spending big money to keep his own players or even sign top players from other teams.  I proved it.  
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Bengals not expecting to sign Bates to an extension at this time - fredtoast - 08-16-2021, 02:32 PM