Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Best Guess 2021 Roster: Post TB game
TB game thoughts.

The DL stuff was the most interesting from the TB game from bith a roster and performance perspective. Like everyone else, I was thrilled with the pass rush generally and Ossai and Hodge in particular. Hendrickson & Reader got in with limited snaps, and I thought Sample & Bledsoe also showed well. The run defense was also stout all game. With Jobi out, intetesting that Tupou got the start instead of Daniels and got the starter treatment with very limited snaps. Thought all the interior guys showed well.

Roster wise, we inly kept 9 DLs last year (ZT skimped on the trenches on both sides). Hendrickson, Reader Ogunjobi, Hubbard, and Ossai are stone cold locks. If we only keep 9, do we want 5 DT types & 4 Edge guys or the ither way around? Or is #9 a guy who can do both (Sample, Kareem, Bledsoe?). I think we keep 10 guys. 5 interior and 5 edge, with a couple guys having some positional versatility. I think we go with 5 interior guys: Reader (NT), Ogunjobi (DT), Tupou (NT#2/DT#3), Daniels (DT#2), and Shelvin (NT#3). At times 3 of these guys will play in 5 man fronts. 3 NTs rostered helps stop the run. McKenzie & Akinmoladun were good as well, but it is gonna be hard for them to make the 53. One to PS for sure. That leaves 2 edge spots unclaimed. I think Sample is a near lock for one, and he can move insiide some as well, especially in passing downs. That leaves one spot. It was Kareem's heading into camp but he has been hurt. He also has some versatility to play inside. Bledsoe was goid last game, Hodge was phenomenal. Last spot goes to Hodge, for now. Will be interesting to see how he does vs better players this week with Ossai out.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Best Guess 2021 Roster: Post TB game - Isaac Curtis: The Real #85 - 08-19-2021, 12:35 PM