MyBB Internal: One or more warnings occurred. Please contact your administrator for assistance.
O- Line Blocking Gave A Run Game And A Win
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
O- Line Blocking Gave A Run Game And A Win
Bengals O Line has been insulted for 4 years, and they deserved every bit of it. So when they do good, I'm going to say they did good.

3 of those sacks on Burrow were on the running backs or the tight end. I know 2 where the running backs missed their blocking assignment. One where Sample missed his block and that was the one Burrow came up limping, the blown TE Block. The first sack of Burrow came on a razzle dazzle call of Zac Taylor. A fake hand-off to RB and play action pass with no designed pass blocking, and Vikings did not bite on Zac trick play.

The over 100 yards by Mixon and other RBs. There were times in this game that the O Line was moving Vikings backwards and opening running lanes. The front 5 did a good job today, and again, most of the sacks were not on them, but other players.

So in this WIN, I want to praise the O Line Blocking today. NOT JUST PASS BLOCKING. You can not just Pass, Pass, Pass, Pass all day. This is NOT Madden Football Game. Bengals mixed in the RUN with the PASS, which is Winning Football. The O Line moved the Bengals up the field enough times to WIN. They Pass Blocked, but they also Fired Off and did Run Blocking.

That was the best I have seen The Bengals O Line Blocking since 2016. After 2016 Whitworth and Zeitler were gone and Blocking was Awful next 4 years. I liked what I saw of The New O Line of 2021. Again, just about all of those pass sacks were on running backs or tight end Sample. Burrow did not have players in his face all game. He did not get popped every play.

I know everybody likes to talk QBs, WR's, RB's, the new kicker. But without the improved Blocking they don't win this game. Now The D did great. They Blocked and they Tackled and THAT is how you WIN Games. Mixon doesn't cross Goal Line, Chase doesn't score, Nobody scores without todays Blocking.

In this WIN, I want to give credit to the 5 starters on The O Line. The O Line gets blamed in defeat, they deserve credit in Victory. The Big 300 pounders went 4 quarters and all of a 5th quarter Overtime in extreme Summer Heat, which is hard on 300 pounders. They gave the best Blocking this team has seen in 5 years, and The Big Guys deserve to be mentioned. Not just for pass blocking, but for Run Blocking and for moving this team down field enough times to get THE WIN.

GO BENGALS..... Tiger Tiger Tiger Tiger Tiger ......Way to go O Line.
1968 Bengal Fan
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
O- Line Blocking Gave A Run Game And A Win - kevin - 09-13-2021, 05:01 AM