Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Howabout these 1st week games?!
(09-18-2021, 12:50 PM)Bengalitis Wrote: That's not fair for the old timers...(record wise)

QBs from decades past will continue to have all of their records crushed. The rules have been changed so much to protect QBs and increase scoring that it’s not even fair to compare them. Look at that roughing the passer call against Chase Young vs the Giants on Thursday. It was the correct call for what the rules are now but come on. QBs used to finish the game beat up with dirty uniforms but not any more. Tom Brady is an awesome QB who stays I’m in great shape but he would have retired at least 5 years ago if he played in the 80s.

I still think the most impressive QB season was Marino throwing for 48 TDs and over 5,000 yards in 1984. Look at his jersey after those games and you see he was getting hit. All of the records now belong to recent guys and that’s not going to change. I get why they do it because fans want to see Patrick Mahomes not Kyle Allen at QB but you can’t compare today’s QB stats with stats from guys who played 20-30years ago.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Howabout these 1st week games?! - Clark W Griswold - 09-18-2021, 01:22 PM