Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Met The Strength and Conditioning Coach
(11-10-2015, 11:52 PM)SHRacerX Wrote: I will absolutely do that, Brad.  This is the tough time of the season for these kids, and I am always trying to think of outside the box ways to motivate them.  

I am a swim coach for a group of kids in the Centerville/Dayton area.  I coach as a volunteer, and I won't accept payment for coaching.  It is my way of giving back to the sport that gave me so much.  I have also coached baseball and soccer, as I did those sports as well.  Ironically, the only thing I have not really coached that I did was football.  I have coached swimming for nearly 30 years now.  
Getting paid for something like coaching almost makes it not as enjoyable (to people who see making money as making it a job), so good for you for doing it just to help kids.  I normally only get paid when I have to cover expenses, which, even when I do get paid, I still never even think about money.  I almost got kicked out of an organization I present through because they wanted me to change my presentation and just make it like it wasn't even mine, and they tried to justify it by saying that they're paying me, so I said "ok, I quit," because the money doesn't matter to me, and they backed down.

My old man played basketball and baseball at Dayton and I almost went to Wright State.

Quote:Again, thanks for sharing your story and FWIW I like when people post things that are "outside the box" and express different viewpoints from the norm.  
It's not a problem at all.  I just felt like I had to share because it was awesome of him to do.

Seem to get me trashed by a lot of people when I post things that are outside the norm and aren't just going along with the flow.

A lot of my thoughts are way outside the box, but people see that as justification to try and rip me apart on my all my ideas, even the ones that aren't outside the box.

Oh well........  that's what I get for having an independent mind.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Met The Strength and Conditioning Coach - BFritz21 - 11-11-2015, 03:22 AM