Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
This Sunday Is The First Test For This Defense
(10-06-2021, 07:46 PM)Murdock2420 Wrote: I appreciate that.

I've been told I'm a "downer" and "full of doom and gloom" and I think "argumentative" was used a few times as well.

What I am, is a Bengals fan that has seen so much losing and so many unique ways to lose that I'm not going to get my hopes all the way up again to have Jeremy Hill fumble them away again. 

The Packers are absolutely a handful, great description. Rodgers can still make things happen like few in the league. Watching him drive the field with 37 seconds and no timeouts to beat the 49ers was proof he still has "it". This is a chance for the Bengals to make everyone around that follows the NFL take notice and go, "okay, this team has to be taken seriously". 

Here’s the secret: The Bengals have to prepare every week like their opponent is the 2007 Patriots or the 1972 Miami Dolphins. One must always assume their opponent will play lights out and completely ball in all three aspects of the game. This is the NFL as Urban Meyer is finding out the hard way. There are no easy games.

I hate Bill Belichick’s guts and I think Sean Payton is an entitled thug — and let’s throw Mike Tomlin in here when he has a good roster — and you see those guys always prepare like it’s the last game they’re ever going to coach. Marvin Lewis never got to that point, Zac Taylor can’t get the point, and Mike Brown can’t point at anything successful except his maddening ability to fleece Hamilton County like Vito Corleone.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: This Sunday Is The First Test For This Defense - Fan_in_Kettering - 10-06-2021, 08:04 PM