Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Thursday Night Football Experience
(11-11-2015, 09:58 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: I understand that this is the way things may be, but I think it should be addressed.  Why is baseball not this way?  Remember the father and son that went to every stadium one summer?  If a father and son attempted that in the NFL, they better be pretty tough.  That's stupid.  The NFL should force owners to increase security and make a fan-friendly experience for anyone that bought a ticket.  

I try to take my father on one "travel game" a year.  Now my son is old enough to come.  We got to attend the Detroit game in 2005, and the Lion's fans couldn't have been nicer.  Great stadium, too.  

The NFL is already having trouble with decreased attendance at games.  Sure, everyone loves watching on TV, but the fan experience must improve for the trend to stop and keep stadiums full.  

As an owner, I would want all my fans to feel 100% safe at our games and I would invest extra $ in security to ensure that so our stands are full.  I can take care of myself, but I don't want to do that at a football game, especially with my family present.  I shouldn't have to...ever.  

Maybe I have just been lucky, but I have never had anything like this happen.  I have sat by visiting fans at PBS and I have attended a Bengals game in Nashville wearing my "colors".  

I know it happens, but I just don't think it is as common as some people claim.

But I do only attend about one game a year.  So I admit that my experience is limited.  I also usually sit in the lower sections that are mostly season ticket holders.  That might make a big difference.  But even outside the stadium I have never seen anything but the expected verbal jabs.  Never anything too ugly. 
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Thursday Night Football Experience - fredtoast - 11-11-2015, 03:02 PM