Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Let's take a second to applaud the ST play
(10-08-2021, 07:46 PM)GreenCornBengal Wrote: We have a good special teams unit.

However, I’m not applauding the significant amount of times we’ve started within our own 20 due to some dumb kick returning.

Also, didn’t think Phillips would make me want Erickson back but dang man, at least go forward when you return it!

THANK YOU!  I want to shoot Phillips every time I see him field a KR without the "down it" arms outstretched at his side gesture when the kick has had amazing hangtime and he is 4 yards deep.   I swear it is as though the kid doesn't know you get it at the 25 yard line now.  

Someone with more patience could calculate the average starting KR when he brings it out (and you should have to include penalties because they are so common on KR).  I bet he has given up almost 10 yards of free field position.  Impactplaya's point is valid;  the overall special teams play has been really good, but these stupid KR have got to stop.  If he is being coached to bring those out hoping to break a long one, so be it, but I find that hard to believe.  

This doesn't even take in to account the potential for injuries being higher than any other play in the sport.  If it is in the end zone and had hang time, take a knee and start at the 25.  
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Let's take a second to applaud the ST play - SHRacerX - 10-09-2021, 10:58 AM