Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Yahoo! Agrees That It Was A Blown Call
(11-01-2021, 01:21 PM)bfine32 Wrote: I think that's where most folks are. Crappy call but kinda like being mad about the fabric pattern of the chairs on the Titanic

Not 100% but I think all they review in college is the 'targeting" aspect of the play. The personal foul remains.

WTS, we must be careful what we want to be challenged. Because then I'd assume it could go both ways. A tackle not called for penalty could be reviewed and then we're headed down a slippery slope..

We didn't play good enough to win and to be honest: I'd felt a little bad for the Jets if we had won. They pulled out all the stops and beat us
If they call targeting on the field and after review it's deemed not targeting there is no penalty. My thought was it should be automatic review like turnovers and scoring plays that are questionable.
(11-01-2021, 01:27 PM)MileHighGrowler Wrote: BFine just mentioned that it's a slippery slope because the calls could be challenged either way.  Which is a potential.  

There's also the issue of slowing the game down even more with more challenges.  If the call gets overturned and a coach keeps his challenge flag, can you imagine how many times this could come up in games (especially with recurring calls like holding)?  

And finally, NFL refs are treated differently than college refs.  It's a very high profile job.  Those guys get graded on their games, but they get graded behind the scenes not on nationally televised games by being called out.  Not saying that's the driving factor, but considering the position I'm also not surprised the league hasn't opened them up to more criticism on their skills.  

It was a bad call, no doubt.  But I don't think it's even worth discussing unless it decided the game.  

Now i know we should never have been in the position to begin with, but it really did decide the game. That was a 3rd down play that we stopped them on forcing a punt. There was plenty of time to tie/take the lead. 
[Image: hFcJI4.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Yahoo! Agrees That It Was A Blown Call - cinci4life - 11-01-2021, 04:03 PM