Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 4 Average
Burfict on injury list, tweaked knee?
(11-15-2015, 10:15 PM)Sled21 Wrote: No, I pretty much saw all 4 pre season games, and even went to the one in Indy. Roach did not stand out to me, because I did not remember him. Listen, I hope you are right, it's not like I'm rooting against him, it would be nice to have another beast. But from where I stand, Marvin and Paulie are pretty good linebacker coaches. And once you get past Maualuga, Burfict, Hawk and possibly Rey...our linebacker backups are not that good. If Roach was all of that, I would think Marvin would have put him on the 53 ahead of some of the others...... lot's of guys dominate in college who cannot make it in the NFL for one reason or another......

I hear what your saying.  But I would also say that for the "snaps" Roach had in the Pre-season, that he did well with the time he got.  An UDFA Rookie LB coming into the Bengals system isn't going to get a lot of looks for the 53 Man Roster when you have the number of veterans that you do on the team.  Honestly, I'm not that impressed with Dawson at this point either.  But he was a 3rd Round Pick and with a + $2.8M Contract so he was going to make the Roster regardless. 

On Roach not being on the Roster right,  I do wonder if he would offer more that Carter (DE holding a LB Spot) or even Lamur.  I'll leave Dawson out of this discussion since he is a rookie too, but something is up or he would be playing more.  Roach has a high football IQ, plays smart, very fast 10 yard and 20 yard speed,  Covers well in space, displays sound tackling fundamentals and is a solid special teams player.  YES, I think he could contribute right now if activated.  But if he is only insurance at this point, then why not delete him from the PS in favor for another LB with 1 or 2 years experience in the NFL?  For some reason this hasn't happened for Roach or any player on the PS at Cincinnati.

On #1 Draft Picks at ILB for 2015,  Look at Stephone Anthony, LB from Clemson, Starts as the MLB for the New Orleans Saints.  Very Solid LB with lots of talent and they were beat BAD today by a Hapless Redskins team with 45 points against the Saints Stellar Defense.  It's all a chess game when trying to find the right talent for the right scheme.   Despite what Anthony brings to the table, the Saints are going no where this season.

NOW, with all this said.  The Bengals are going into Monday night at 8-0.  NE struggled today against a poor NYG team, so they can be beat.  IMO, the Bengals have a real opportunity to take this a long way this year and (PERHAPS) might play in the Super Bowl.   I think our LB Corp is doing a solid job at this point and if it's Burfict, Mau, Rey and Hawk as the Go To LBs this year, then I'm okay with this.  They just need to stay play smart and stay healthy.  On that, Burfict had better stop using his head to tackle.  I saw this on more than one occasion in his last two games.   So Go Bengals!  Its been hard to watch the Huskers this year, new coach and all.  I've enjoyed watching the Bengals play, (got me an official Bengals Cap too) as well getting to know this team and the great fans on this and other Bengal Fan Boards. 
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Burfict on injury list, tweaked knee? - SFmajor - 11-16-2015, 12:29 AM