Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 4 Average
Can We Make A Run With This O-Line
(11-08-2021, 12:03 PM)Emeritus Wrote: Tiger

I was very critical of this offensive line coming into the season.How far can this team get with this offensive line as its constructed? I don't like it! The defensive lines become elite at this stage of the season. Its getting cold now Zac!

I was a bit behind on responses to new threads, and I have not read all the other responses yet, but here goes:

They absolutely can.  This offense was trending to put up close to 30 a game before the Cleveland debacle, and while Ward made a great play, most of the wounds were self-inflicted.

I am very curious about sitting Carman for Adeniji.  Maybe his back is acting up again and he was trying to just fight through it, but for a rookie offensive linemen going against some real talent early on, I saw flashes of real power and think (not surprisingly) is his biggest issue was pass blocking but when the Bengals were more run-heavy, he didn't stand out in a negative way.  In fact, at least one game, he was the highest rated linemen.

I remember hearing that Adeniji was being looked at as Center.  We haven't really seem much of Hill, and maybe Adeniji could be an answer there long-term.  The coaches seem to love the guy.  I think Center is kind of a waste of his talents, and would rather see him get a look at RT.  But then I think of the big wildcard in all of this:  D'Ante Smith.  That guy is built as a tackle.  You simply can't teach his length and agility.  If he can get a shot this year at RT, maybe you groom him to replace Reiff there next year.  Although I would love to see Reiff return one more year. 

Spain has been a steal.  He's tough as nails and is our best option at LG.  

Jonas has stayed healthy and is a solid LT.  

There is not a Pro Bowler on the line as it sits, but as long as there isn't a "turd in the punch bowl", then they should be able to operate at al high level.  RIght now, Hopkins is a big weakness and Carman started to have issues at RG, in pass protection.  Maybe with the bye week and extra rest, both Hopkins and Adeniji step up and the line has a solid effort against the Raiders.  
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Can We Make A Run With This O-Line - SHRacerX - 11-19-2021, 09:29 AM